Chapter 36 - A Kick Ass Game And An Obnoxious Blonde

Hello, lovelies! Sorry, sorry, sorry for the wait! ): I feel like a bloody jerkface. Every day something would get in the way and I'd get so frustrated but here it finally is and I tried making it a bit longer for you all. I hope you like it as much as I liked writing it and please let me know if you do with a vote, comment, and fan. It means the world to me and gives a great dose of motivation. Oh, is anyone watching the Olympics? They're great, right? (: You can tell I'm quite the sports fan. Haha. Thanks for reading! Laters, baby! :D <3

_____________________________________________________________________________

“Why don’t we just split up?” I suggested as I looked to and fro Micah, Seth, and Fabian. We stood outside of Dominic’s, contemplating the best way to get some food and beer without causing trouble. It was very obvious what we had to do and that was to split up; Team Fabian and Team Everyone Else. Well, he is the one who’s twenty-two and legal. I was still seventeen and would be for a few months while Seth would turn eighteen a week before me. Micah was already eighteen.  

“Yeah, that’s good. You go get the illegal stuff, Fabian, while we go get the junk food.” Seth suggested, his face beaming at the thought of ransacking the grocery store. I shook my head in amusement and looked up at Fabian who held back a smile. 

“It isn’t illegal if I’m buying the drinks.” Fabian said, a smirk in his eyes. The four of us laughed and nodded in approval. 

“Yeah, he’s right. Let’s get going. Oh, and get a twelve pack. Or more, whatever.” Micah said to Fabian, grinning, who looked at him as if he was crazy. Micah rolled his eyes in amusement. 

“Sure. Any specifics?” Fabian asked sarcastically but the thing he didn’t know was that there indeed were specifics. Mine to be exact.

“Yeah, there are. Heineken or Guinness. You choose.” I said and gave him a sweet smile. Fabian’s eyes widened into bullets now and he looked down at me, coming face to face. I had to fight back a laugh. 

He crossed his arms over his chest, pointing narrow and scolding eyes down at me that I knew were teasing. “You? Drink?” He asked with dramatic exaggeration in each word. Something in his tone told me it really came as no surprise. Beside us, my friends were chuckling. 

“Responsibly.” I verified, my tone haughty, but if I had to say so myself, I did not drink. Saying it like that made it sound like a habit when I only ever drank on special occasions. Whenever I drank an alcoholic beverage, it was always responsibly and with people I could trust. Probably in case I ever got bombed.

“I don’t know why I’m not surprised.” Fabian said with a teasing tone, a grin in his eyes and lips. This was one of those moments when his lips were perched in such an irresistible and delicious manner that I just wanted to jump on him and kiss him. Micah and Seth were stopping me from doing so. I looked away from those lips with a smirk of my own and faced my friends. Micah looked nonchalant but his eyes were a giveaway to his discomfort and Seth just stared in amusement as if we were a good show.

“We have to get out of here at the most seven thirty. The game’s at eight.” Micah said, changing the subject and dragging our attention to him.

Fabian nodded in approval but Seth and I looked at each other with wide eyes. Fifteen minutes to  pick out the best junk food from this huge grocery store? Highly impossible. 

“I’m thinking you’ll have to be in charge of them, Micah.” Fabian said, laughing, and Seth and I looked away from each other to see the other two eyeing us with amusement.