13: A Glimpse of Yesterday (The Symbol of a Growing Friendship)

*(A/N)*

Happy 600++ reads!!!!

Here's the next chap for you chingus...Hope you'll like it...Important note at the A/N below...

This chap is for @WynThum...Thanks for reading and VoCo-ing my story...

--------------------------------------------

Tao's party seemed to be an unforgettable moment for Caitlyn. She has experienced many 'first-times' here - planned a surprise party, mingled with her newfound friends and felt overflowing happiness. If she wishes for a second life, she would like to experience those thing again.

Mrs. Vivian Huang, Tao's mom, called the attention of everyone in the party for the blowing of candles and giving of gifts. Tao's friends gathered at his right side and his relatives are in his left. Before Tao blew the candles, everyone around him sang "Happy Birthday" to him.

"Saeng-il chukha hamnida,

Saeng-il chukha hamnida

Saranghaja Tao-sshi

Saeng-il chukha hamnida!!!"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TAO!!!" Everyone shouted.

"What can you say, my son?" Mrs. Huang asked.

"W-well... A-ahm... T-thank you for this amazing gift I have right now. To those who gave effort to make this party happen, I want to say... Kamsahamnida..." Tao's eyes started to shed tears. "I-I thought that... I did something wrong to you that's why you're avoiding me. I want to blame myself for that. And when I asked you what you're talking about, you'll say 'It's nothing.' I felt bad about that because... I wanted to help you if something's wrong, but you insisted on pushing me away. I didn't knew that this is the 'business' you've been preparing. I feel great now because all of your hardwork and efforts just to prepare all these...has a fruitful outcome. I really, really liked it, guys. Again, I wanna say thanks to all of you - my family, relatives, to my friends especially those who planned this all along. Suho hyung, Lay hyung, Hanelle, Emlyn, Jackie-ah, Caitlyn-ah, Y-Yoon Seok..." Tao shyly said Yoon Seok's name. The crowd laughed and teased Tao because many of them knew that he was 'struck-in-love' with Yoon Seok.

Tao then continued, "To all of you who greeted me on my special day, and most of all, to our Lord Almighty, thanks for giving me another year and for giving me the people around me. A million thanks to you, guys. Saranghaeyo!"

"Okay, so it seems like Tao feels emotional today, but even he's like a girl sometimes-" Mrs. Huang stopped as Tao said, "Omma, stop it!" Tao's friends and relatives laughed once again. (A/N: I'm confused if it's Omma or Amma. Correct me if I'm wrong XD)

"Kidding aside, I just want to thank the Lord above for giving me a very special person in my life. You're the reason why I'm working hard throughout the day. You're my assistant, bodyguard, stress reliever and my very special son. I wish you good health, more birthdays to come and stay the same Tao that I've known. Saeng-il Chukha Hamnida, my dear! I love you SO much!" Tao's mom emotionally said as she pinched Tao's cheek and embraced him tight. The rest cried as they saw the scene and applauded them.

Caitlyn was jealous on what she saw. She didn't had the chance to be with her mother. For her, all her achievements in life was like an incomplete jigsaw puzzle. She then felt like fate tricked her. "Lord, why didn't you give me a chance to be like Tao? Why didn't you let me experience to have a mother? Don't I deserve to be like other children with a complete family?" Caityn sobbed in mind. She was crying unexpectedly; she ran away because she can't stay too long to watch the scene.

Suho noticed that Caitlyn wasn't around with them. He searched for her in the entire park but he didn't see neither her presence nor her shadow. He asked every person he met where she is, and as expected, no one answered him. Suho became worried about her.