17: At the Festival of Talents...

*(A/N)*

Happy 1K reads! Next chap here... Nhianne Do at the pic... How gorgeous she is! XD

By the way, Chukhahaeyo EXO for winning at MAMA 2014!!! Fighting!!! #StayStrongEXO!!! Saranghaja!!!

-------------------------

"She's so beautiful! I'll court her immediately!"

"She's like a living doll! Omo! I wanna be like her!"

"I can stare at her the whole day if she'll let me."

Those words were heard after Caitlyn and her classmates saw the new student. Some wanted to be Nhianne's friends, some felt like 'love at first sight,' and some are jealous of her. On the other hand, Nhianne felt like all eyes were set on her. She wanted to have friends not because of her status or appearance; she aims to be friends with her classmates because she wanted to have a feeling of having a partner-in-crime, a shoulder to lean on and the like.

At lunch time, Nhianne was alone and she wanted to make friends before the day ends. She saw Caitlyn and Krisa walking to the school cafe. She ran after and called them. "Hey, guys!"

"O-oh! N-Nhianne, right? W-why are you joining us?" Krisa asked.

"Why? Is it bad joining you? And besides, why are you avoiding me?" Nhianne questioned back.

"I-It's because... w-we're shy and... w-we're not the right friends for you," Caitlyn said.

"Don't be bothered. That makes me more alone and I wanted to mingle with you, so... can we be friends? Pretty please?" Nhianne pleaded.

"A-are you sure you want to join us?" Kris' No. 1 admirer doubted.

"Yes and I don't care what other will say towards us. I just wanted to have friends here." Nhianne responded confidently. Caitlyn and Krisa stared at each other firsr before answering. "O-okay. You may join us," they both uttered.

"Yay! Thank you so much!" the transferee said happily. "Wait, just for formal introduction. I'm Nhianne Do, 16, from Incheon. Pleased to meet both of you," she introduced herself as she bowed.

"I-I'm Krisa Geum, 15, from Garuso-gil."

"I-I Caitlyn Eun, 15, from Gwanju."

"Nice to meet you, Nhianne," they both said as they shook Nhianne's hand. Then the three sat on a table and started to talk about their new friend.

"Nhianne, sorry to ask this but, from a prestigious university in US, why did you transfer here?" Krisa asked.

"It's because it's my decision. The feeling that you're pressured of having high standards and at the same time, your social life is like a failing grade? That's what I suffered in Julliards. But I hope that my decision will be a righteous one upon meeting the two of you. I hope that we'll be the best of friends until the end," Nhianne explained.

"Did your parents knew about this?" Caitlyn presumed.

"At first, no. My dad insisted me to stay, but I can't handle it anymore. So I made my choice. My mom was in favor of me and she shouldered all the expenses when I came here. As of now, my parents were happy to know that I'm all grown up and they didn't regret to let me do what I want. I live in Incheon alone today, but I can handle myself there and my parents give me money every week," the transferee elaborated.

Krisa was about to say something when her stomach and Caitlyn's growled in hunger. "Oops, sorry. We forgot to buy food."

"Don't worry. I'll buy food for you. My treat," Nhianne smiled.