4: A Glimpse of Yesterday (The Ruined Heart's Sorrow)

*(Author's Note)*

Hello!!! Jackie Lee at the media (---->)

For those who waited for the next chapter, here it is.... Don't forget to vote this...KAMSA!!! XD

_______________________________________

"Auntie! Auntie!" Jackie called Suho's mom.

The door opened and a beautiful woman stood before Caitlyn and her friends. "She's so beautiful. I want to be like her." Caitlyn thought.

"What happened? Oh my God! Suho, are you okay? Should I bring you to the hospital?" Suho's mom immediately approached him to make sure he's okay.

"Omma, its only a wound. I'm absolutely okay."

"Are you sure, my son? Are you really okay?" her mother reasurred.

"Like I've said, I'm fine. Can we come in now?" he asked.

"Oh yes, my dear. I'm sorry," she apologized. Lay and Tao assisted Suho inside with Jackie, and Caitlyn was left mesmerized to what she saw earlier.

"Hey you, pretty girl. Would you like to come in?" Suho's mom asked.

"Ah...ahm..I-I'm sorry. I'll come in," Caitlyn stutteredly responded.

Caitlyn was so amazed at the house's appearance. It seemed like she was in a large mansion. She thought that she doesn't deserve to be Suho's friend. At their status, she is very far from him. He was rich, she was very poor. Caitlyn's father always reminded her not to mingle with rich people because for him, rich people always think that poor people befriend them because of money. But in this case, Caitlyn sees Suho's family as a kind family, not like any wealthy but boastful people.

"Hey, Caitlyn, come here! Help me fix Suho's wound." Jackie called her.

"O-okay," Caitlyn responded.

She approached near Suho and helped Jackie to cure his wound. She felt awkwardness to Suho because of what he felt when she saw him and what her father reminded her. But she kept herself relaxed and started to put medicine on Suho's wounded knee.

"Are you okay now, Suho?" Caitlyn asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay," Suho replied.

"A-are you sure?" Caitlyn assured.

"I said yes. Don't bother it. I'm really okay." Suho insisted.

"Are you two arguing?" Jackie interrupted.

The two became silent after hearing Jackie's words. At that moment, Suho's mom entered with a cake roll and juice on hand. "Is there any problem, kids?"

"None," they both uttered.

"Then, you guys eat this. I've prepared it for you."

"Thanks, Auntie!" Tao and Lay answered as they started slicing the cake.

"Hey, Jackie. Who's this girl? She's very pretty. If I'll meet her again in the future, I want Suho to marry her," Jackie spilled the juice she's drinking upon hearing what her "auntie" said. She felt jealous on how Suho's mom treated her new friend. Why? Because Jackie is "truly, madly and deeply in-love" with Suho. She never heard those words when she was introduced by her mom to Suho's family. Although her "auntie" treated her in a nice way, she feels that Suho's mom is not approved of having her as Suho's bestfriend.

"Is there a problem, Jackie?" Caitlyn asked worriedly.

"None, Caitlyn. I was choked by the cake that's why I accidentally spilled the juice." Jackie lied. "Oh, I almost forgot. Auntie, meet our newfound friend, Caitlyn. Caitlyn, meet my favorite 'auntie' and Suho's mom, Mrs. Janna Kim." Jackie formally introduced Caitlyn to her 'auntie.'

"Nice meeting you, Caitlyn. You have a pretty name, as pretty as your face." Mrs. Kim said. Caitlyn felt shy and slightly bowed her head. "Don't be shy, my dear. I'm only telling the truth." Mrs. Kim added. "Feel free to come here anytime. You're always welcome here."

"Th-thank you, Ma'am," Caitlyn stutteredly responded.

"Don't call me 'Ma'am.' Drop the formality. Since you're now my son's friend, call me 'auntie,' just how his friends call me." Suho's mom said.

"Okay, Ma- I mean, A-auntie," Caitlyn awkwardly answered.

"That's good, Caitlyn. I'll only go to the toilet. Enjoy yourself there," Mrs. Kim told her before leaving.

Caitlyn seemed to be astonished on the way Mrs. Kim said such things and treated her. She then started to feel relieved and thought on how she will approach her newfound friends. She also reminded herself not to forget her limitations.

_________________________________________

Happiness and anxiety appeared to enter Caitlyn's body after what happened that day. Different ideas sneaked inside her mind on how to get to know her friends better. She wanted to share this to her father but she's afraid at the same time. Her father might stop her from going out if she told him that she has friends - rich friends, specifically. So, she finally decided to shut her mouth first.

When she came home, she noticed the her father wasn't around. She was hungry that and decided to cook food for the two of them.

While waiting for the food to cook, Caitlyn opened their battery-operated radio and listened to the news. She wasn't enjoying the news report from the radio but she was stuck when she heard her father's name in one of the reports. The news stated:

"Korean police continue to look for a robber known as Eun Joon Hwang. It is reported that this man robbed 3 malls, 2 convenience stores and other establishments aroung Garuso-gil area..."

Caitlyn started to be curious about her father. She then recalled the times that her father gave her gifts and other stuff that she wished to have. She wanted to ask questions related to what she have heard on the radio.

Caitlyn's eyes began to release teardrops. Her mind was in full confusion. "So the things that I have are all coming from a bad job? Is this the new job that Oppa told me? Are the food he prepared and we ate all STOLEN? Is my Oppa-" her insights was postponed because she heard her father's voice.

"Caitlyn! Caitlyn! Are you there? I'm home! I've bought something for you!"

The last words she heard made her more curious about Mr. Eun. She responded first before returning to their kitchen, "Yes, Oppa! I'm here!"

She silently resumed her cooking when her father tried to surprise him at the back.

"Oppa, don't try to surprise me right now. I'm busy cooking our supper." Caitlyn ordered. Her father noticed her sudden change of behavior and he was forced to stay still. "Okay, my daughter. Call me when it's ready. I'm going to my room."

"Yes, my father. Go to your room first and get yourself ready. I want to hear all of it from you. I want you to tell me the truth. Please?" Caitlyn's mind pleaded.

________________________________________

*(Author's Note)*

Annyeong!!! What do you think will happen to Caitlyn and her father?? Feel free to leave your comments down...Also, don't forget to VOTE for my story and tell this to others...

For HunHan fans there...I'll make them back after...12 chaps, I think??? Sorry for delaying their exposure....I'll make it up for you....

For those who have read my previous chaps...KAMSAHAMNIDA!!!(90° bow) I hope you like it....stay tuned for the next chaps....thank you for your patience...