14: A Glimpse of Yesterday (A Sudden Farewell - 1)

*(A/N)*

Hi! Happy 900++ reads! First of my Double UD here! Enjoy!

-----------------------------

After arranging herself to sleep, Caitlyn wrote to her diary as:

May 2, 2001

(Sunday, 8:47 pm)

Happy for Tao's birthday today, touched for having a gift from my 'special friend,' and confused for having this weird feeling towards HIM...

--------------------

Days passed by and Caitlyn seemed to be more close with Suho, Jackie, Lay and Tao. She felt happy because she then knew the feeling of having jolly, naughty and caring friends. But her secret about her identity was still hidden to her friends except for Suho. She didn't want to lose them just because of her status in life.

On the 15th of May, Caitlyn and her frienda were called by their Auntie for some reason. As they gathered at the sofa, questions began to enter their minds.

"Okay, my beloved children. I called you for a special announcement. I personally invite you and your friends for Suho's birthday celebration and I want all of you to be there. If you don't, I'll get mad at you," Mrs. Kim said.

"Oh, I almost forgot your birthday, hyung. Advance happy birthday, Suho hyung!" Tao greeted his best friend with a bro hug.

"When will it be, Auntie? I'm sorry if I don't know Suho's birthday. Mianhe," Caitlyn said as she bowed to the older female for apology.

"Don't mind it, Caitlyn. It's okay. It will happen next week," Jackie stated.

"Jinjjaro? Advance happy birthday, Suho-sshi!" Caitlyn said as she faced him.

"Thanks, Caitlyn. I hope you don't mind but... I'm counting on you to come at my birthday party," Suho coaxed.

"Speaking of birthday party, where will it be held, Auntie?" Lay questioned.

"It will be held here, so all of my son's friends must come. Also I will be having a special announcement on his birthday," Mrs. Kim replied.

"Ha? Mom? What's that all about?" Suho asked.

"I'll tell it to you, baby. Arasseo?" His mom said.

"What would it that be and it is needed to be told at Suho's birthday?" Jackie's mind questioned.

"Don't forget your gifts for my son, okay?" said Mrs. Kim.

"What gift do you want, hyung?" Tao asked his friend.

"Anything will do. Besides, I'm used to receive expensive gifts and stuff. Anything simple, even cheap but meaningful gift will do."

"Oh my god! What gift should I give to Suho?" Caitlyn thought. She then remembered something. "I know! I hope he'll like it though..."

-------------------------

Caitlyn was busy preparing her gift to Suho. She wanted to give her gift as simple yet presentable outside and cheap but meaningful inside.

Three days before her "special friend's" birthday, Caitlyn worked hard in order to buy that special gift. She did shoe polishing, house cleaning and other jobs just to earn money. After a day, she counted her money and it was enough to buy the gift. As she arrived at the store, she saw her gift sold at a huge discount. Caitlyn grabbed the chance to buy it and she succeeded.

A day before May 22, Caitlyn was happy that she got what she wanted to give to Suho for the next day. She released her happiness by writing on her diary: