3. Hotel

WE PULLED INTO THE PARKING LOT. It was eight-thirty at night because it took us two hours to get here.

     There weren't many people going inside because it was dark out, so that was good.

     "Ok. The room groups are Luna, Jasper, Emmett, Rosalie. Bella, Edward, Alice. Carlisle, Esme. Ta ta." Carlisle motioned with his hand for us to go. I grabbed my bags and followed them inside.

     "Room 222 floor thirteen." The lady said. She had a Spanish accent, darkish skin and black hair. She handed Jasper the key.

     "Floor thirteen." I shiver. "Those are myths, Lu." Jasper said. "Or are they?" Rosalie asked. I punched her arm.

      Jasper unlocked our hotel door. There were two queen beds, a small couch and kitchen.

     "At least we don't have to sleep." I sigh happily. That would be a nightmare.

     "What do we do?" Rosalie asked, hopping on the bed. "I dunno, Rose. This is pretty boring." Emmett said, sitting beside her.

     The phone rang. I used my power and got it. "Hello?" I ask. "Hey, Luna. Can I talk to Emmett or Jasper or Rosalie?" Carlisle asked. I handed the phone to Jasper because he's probably most responsible.

     "Ok," he waited. "She's fine. -pause- Sure -pause- ok bye." He hung up and threw the phone to me. I floated it back into its pod.

     "What'd he say?" I ask. "You have to do school tomorrow. We have to stay in the hotel for two days." Jasper exclaimed. "Great." I mutter. Wait, why am I mad? I wanna do school!

     And then I realized what was happening again. "Stop." I groan. "Fine." He said.

     I sat on the bed parallel to the one Rose and Emmett were sitting on. I didn't know what to do. Alls I know was that it was gonna be a long two days.

*     *     *

     Two hours later..

     "I'm bored." I say. Emmett and Rosalie were talking, and Jasper was reading a history book. That sucks.

      No one answered. That's annoying and rude. The phone rang. I ran to pick it up. "Hello?" I answered. "Hi, Luna. Can I talk to Rosalie?" The voice of Edward asked. "Ok." I say.

     "It's Edward." I tell Rose before handing the phone to her. She looked bored as she listened, and then became angrier. Emmett lowered the volume on the tv.

     Out of nowhere Rosalie threw the phone to the ground. The buttons popped off. Jasper looked up from his book. "Babe, c'mon it's just Edward." Emmett said.

     "He's so annoying!" She said. "I can agree." I reply. "I'm not sure he is annoying." Emmett declared. "You're just saying that because he's your brother." Rosalie says.

     "I know." Emmett says. He changed the channel to WWE WRESTLING. I could see Emmett on this. 

     I lay down on the bed, staring up at the ceiling once again. When would this mess be over? Will it ever? Surely it'll happen soon enough. But maybe not for a long time.