6. Nomad Attack

I WOKE UP. I DIDN'T KNOW where I was. I just knew that I was endangered, and the Cullens weren't coming to save me.

     "Hello, little girl." A woman with wavy, fiery red hair said. She had red eyes. Where was I? And then it hit me. She doesn't know I'm a vampire. My eyes must be black because I was thirsty. And now she doesn't know.

I became less scared. But that's when she pulled a pocket knife out of her pocket. "I've prepared a slow, painful death for you." She said.

I wasn't frightened. I got my hand ready to use my powers. As she walked towards me, I slammed her back into the wall. She fell through it and then charged as me. I slid into a middle split.

I lift her into the air and slam her on the floor. A crack appears and she falls through. I ran out the door, down the stairs. I needed to kill her if she was gonna hurt the Cullens. But why weren't they coming for me yet?

I go into the room with the big gap in the ceiling and look around. And then someone pushed me down and locked their arms around my neck.

No....she can't kill me! And then I saw a glimpse of a big person out the window. Emmett, I thought. "Can I have a last word?" I choke out.

"What? Please?" She asked, annoyed. "No. Rest In Peace." I grin. Right then, her head flew in front of me. She was dead.

Emmett picks me up and places me on the ground. "Great job, lil sis!" He says, high-fiving me. I jump up and hug him. I was so thankful, because if he didn't come, I'd be like her right now.

I hop down and turn around. I jumped when I saw the rest of the Cullens standing there. Esme was the first to run up and hug me. "I'm so happy you're alive! Alice's visions weren't working right, so we got stuck in the woods for a while. But Emmett saw a plank of wood fall off of here, and then Victoria tried to attack you." Esme shakes her head. "I'm so sorry we couldn't protect you." She looked like she was about to cry, but vampires can't really cry.

Carlisle wraps an arm and Esme. "Great roast!" Renesmee says and jumps up to high five me. I laugh.

"Why were her eyes red? Are they part of the Volturi?" I ask Carlisle as we were running through the forest. "No. She's a nomad. She's been trying to...'kill' Bella for years, but she never did." Carlisle exclaimed. I nod.

And then I smelt blood. I found a herd of deer. I ran at the biggest one. Knocking it down and rolling it on the ground. I shoved my teeth into its skin.

* * *

When we got home it was about nine o'clock. "So they were the ones trying to get me and Nessie?" I ask. We were all sitting on the couch. Alice was in Renesmee's room deciding which clothes are in style, and which clothes she should throw out.

I was sitting next to Esme and Bella. "No. There's still...more evil vampires." Esme said slowly. "So, they're trying to attack me and Nessie again?" I ask, outraged. We had to kill them before they came here. Or at least I would go and not let them get at Ness.

"We all have to stay together." Edward said, reading my thoughts. "They aren't just one person like Victoria was. They—." Carlisle cut Edward off. "Emmett," Carlisle said slowly. "Yeah?" Emmett answered.

"Did you burn Victoria's body and head like I said to?"
"No.."
"Then she's not dead!" Carlisle shouted.

"What do you mean?" I ask. How can a decapitated vampire not be dead? "If you don't burn their bodies, they come back to life," Alice explained. "I just saw it. She's still alive. She's going to the new Volturi to join them. They'll be even more powerful than before and ever."

"What do we do?" I ask. "They're gonna get to Luna one way or another." Jasper said. Get to me? Kill me? No...I literally just almost died! I can't let that happen again! I need to get out of here. They can't hurt my family like this. But if they have Victoria.....none of us will make it out alive.

Then there was a silence. A very long dragging silence. And then Alice spoke. "Luna. Rosalie wants to say something to you." She said calmly. I nod, ready for her yelling or meanness.

"Luna. I'm sorry that I've been such a monster," She said slowly. "I never hated you.." What was she saying? "When you were human, I envied you." She confessed. "Envy? Rosalie, you could never.." I trail off when she speaks. "Yes, I envied you. You had a choice to be turned into a vampire. I didn't. You got to have a nice happy human life. I didn't." She said.

I waited. "So, I'm sorry." She said. There was more silence. I spoke up, "It's okay." I nod. She smiles at me, and I give her a small smile back.

"You gotta wait till this battle's over." Emmett joked, grinning. Rosalie smacked the back of his head. "Rose!" Esme said.