17. Explanation

AFTER I FINISH EXPLAINING THINGS NESSIE WOKE UP. "Luna!" She said and hugged me. "Hi, Ness. How are you?" I ask her. "Good." She said. "Nessie. Your breakfast is ready." Esme called from the kitchen.

     "Coming!" She yelled back. "See ya later." Nessie said. She skipped off into the kitchen. It's been eight hours since Alice and Emmett went out for patrol. I didn't know who I was paired up with. I just hope it's not—-"Luna, Jasper your next for patrol." Carlisle said. Ugh!

     "What's so bad about Jasper?" Edward asked me. "His power. It's so annoying!" I complain. "Well, I bet he won't use it non you. So.." He did the hand motion thing for me to go. I roll my eyes and walk outside.

     I sit on top of the hood of Edward car. I had no clue what 'patrolling' was. I just had to wait for Jasper to come out. He'd have to explain.

     A few seconds later the door opened to the house and he walked out. "Ready?" He asked. "I don't even know how to "patrol"." I say.

     "Just run around in the woods. Emmett found a scent right before the boundary line. It was Victoria. She's after Nessie and you." Jasper said.

     "But, why?" I ask, confused. I thought she was just after me to be after me. Not for a reason. "We killed her mate James about three years prior to this. She wants revenge. She's already tried to get Bella.

     "But we protected her to well so she ran north to the Canadian border. All through that year and half of the next she was running back and forth. That's when Laurent came to get Bella for Victoria but the wolves caught him.

     "But they forgot to burn their bodies." He said. "Do you always have to....burn the bodies?" I wince at the thought of my body being burned. That would be excruciatingly painful.

     And to feel the fire. Just like becoming a vampire. And the burn in your throat. That's horrible. I wince again.

     And then a sudden relaxation calms me. "So now Victoria wants to find you again because you beat her. She went to Aro to join them and now they are more powerful than ever. Our final battle—we'll need more people to fight." Jasper said. I nod.

     "Ready to go?" He asked. I jump off the hood of the car. "Yeah. I guess."