18. The Clearing

"I KNOW. THEY KEEP HANDING AROUND BELLA'S SCENT." ALICE'S VOICE whispered from the living room.

     Me and Jasper just got back from patrol. And let me tell you—if I could be, I would be exhausted. Ness was in the dining room eating dinner. It was currently six pm.

      "What's going on?" I ask Alice. "The Volturi are gonna send Felix, Jane, and Alec down early this morning. Around two, they'll be here." Alice explained. I gulped. I didn't want Nessie to get hurt. Even though she looked only a year younger than me—we'll, she's taller than me because her age is eleven but I'm small—she is only seven in real years.

I was suddenly very calm and all my qualms seemed unimportant. It was impossible to feel different right now. "What are we going to do?" I ask. "Well, I set up I plan. We are gonna meet them in the clearing in the woods. We'll get there at midnight. And Bella's gonna stay with Renesmee at their house. We'll discuss further there." Alice said. I nod.

"See you later, Lu!" Nessie called before her and Bella walked out the door. I heard the loud roar of Bella's truck and then the tires screech across the wet grass. The sound faded and I focused on the present.

Later that night we vampire sped to the clearing. I sat on the branch of a small tree. "What are we supposed to do now?" I ask, bored. "I dunno. Luna. Your eyes." Carlisle said. "What?" I ask. "They are still red. If the Volturi see you like that they'll kill you."

"Oh." I say. "Guess I'll go back home." I say and hop of the tree. "Wait. Try and hunt. Edward and Emmett will go with you." "I'm perfectly capable of hunting by myself." I say and begin to walk away. I smelt mountain lion. It smelt disgusting. Oh no. That's not a good sign. "Not sure it is a good sign." Emmett said. He jumped down from a tree. I backed up, frightened at first and almost fell. Someone steadied me. I jumped at that too. "You guys've got to stop scaring me." I say, annoyed.

"Sorry, sis." Edward said. I lost the scent of the animals. A gush of wind blew over head, carrying the scent of human blood. I knew better not to attack but my thirst instincts took over. I charged at the scent, climbing a rock wall. My fingers slammed into the rock, causing pieces to fall. I climbed to the first half. "Luna." I voice said. It sounded almost hypnotic. I continued to climb. "Turn around." The musical voice said. Yep. Definitely hypnotic.

I jump down and someone caught me, swung me on their back and jumped down.

I was set on the ground in front of a mountain lion. I used both hands to crack its neck so it didn't need to feel the other pain. I pounce on it and sink my venomous teeth into it. The blood was ok. Definitely not appetizing compared to the human blood. Human blood....

"Luna." Edward grabbed my arms. "What did I do?" I ask, confused. "Not sure what she is do." Emmett joked. Stupid nonsense. "You were remembering human blood. The taste....the scent." Edward said. "Oh." I say.

"We should head back now," Edward said. "Ok." I said. We sped off to the spot.