12. Finally Free

I STAYED WHERE I WASI COULDN'T LEAVE. I had to go to the person I felt a pull for onstage. But something was wrong with him. I don't think he is human, exactly.

     "Come on." Edward said, trying to pull me. I pulled back towards the guy. He looked thirteen. "Luna. Come on." Edward growled. The smell drifted towards me. Venom pooled in my mouth. There was a terrible burn in my throat. Edward yanked me out the door before any of the humans could notice me.

     He pushed me against the wall. The others rushed towards us. "What were you thinking?" He said, agitated. "Mind your own business." I say, lifting him into the air with my power and slamming him against the wall. "Luna." Alice said immediately. "What?" I ask through gritted teeth.

     The door of the place we were in flew open, the smell coming back and drifting up my nose. My throat burned once more and I went to run towards him. Emmett and Jasper pulled me back. The guy and his friends ran to the other side of the street, walking away. Emmett let go but Jasper's hand stayed on my wrist tightly. If I were human I'd be soup.

     "Luna, we've got to get you out of here." Alice said. "B-but." I try to say. Calmness overtook me and Alice interrupted me, "No buts. We need to talk." Alice said.

     We all vampire sped into the woods and arrived home shortly after a few seconds. Alice led me into the living room where we all sat down.

     "Luna," She said slowly. "That guy you saw...tried to attack... He's your mate." She said sadly. "Why do you sound so upset?" I ask, concerned. "He's a werewolf." She said.

I looked down. "Oh. So that means I can't be with him." I say in a dispirited tone. That sucks. "Not really." Edward said. I glare at him. "What?" He asks.

"Would you like it if I said that to you about Bella?" I ask, annoyed. "Luna," Alice tries to say, but I interrupt her. "No, Alice. I'm sick and tired of all of you. I just can't eat away from any of you for one day? Can I? I'm tired of you all keeping me contained in this house for my whole life." I burst. They all look taken aback. I'd been keeping that in for a while. It felt like a weight being lifted off my shoulders.

"I'm leaving." I say. "You have no where to go." Rosalie says. "Yeah, and who am I gonna play pranks with?" Emmett whines. "Oh, can you shut up for one second Emmett? Play pranks with yourself. I wish this whole life was a prank." I say and storm out the door.

It was raining at the moment but that didn't stop me from speeding swiftly through the woods, determined to get out of here. I smiled as the wind rushed around me. I love the feeling of running. The feeling of finally being free. And that was it. I'm finally free.