21. Arrival

THE DOORBELL RANG. WITHOUT WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO ANSWER in walked three girls.

      "Luna. This is Zafrina, Kachiri, and Senna. They are from South America in the Amazons." Carlisle introduced. I shake their hands nervously. The last one, Kachiri, pulls me into a hug like she knew me already.

     "Hello, Luna. We've heard so much good things about you." Zafrina said. "Uh...cool." I say awkwardly. Bella hugs them and so does Nessie.

      We were all sitting in the living room when the doorbell rang. Again, they just walked in; the Denalis.

      "Carmen!" I run up to her and hug her. "Hello, Luna. It's lovely to see you again." She said, hugging back. I smile. "You too." I say. "You've grown so much." Eleazar joked. I laugh.

      I hug Kate and Tanya and they come into the living room too. Carlisle introduces them to the other newcomers and then they sit down.

      "What do we need to discuss?" Tanya asked. She got interrupted when the door flew open. A very... pale guy walked in. Very white skin, almost snowy white, same with the spiked up hair and eyebrows.

He looked angry too. "Vladimir." Carlisle warned, standing up. Jasper and followed. The man's eyes were red. As well as the South Americans. Human blood drinkers. Human blood...so sweet. So filling. So...delicious.....

"Luna." Edward warned. "What?" Me and  Esme both ask. "Not sure you is Luna." Emmett tells Esme, and then turns away.

"She was remembering human blood. The taste, the smell." Edward explained. Great. Emmett laughed. "Maybe we should leave. It is a bad influence." Zafrina said. "No, no. I'm...f-fine." I say. Remembering the blood made my throat burn.

I rubbed it, thinking that would defuse the fire. "Bella." Esme said. "I said I was fine." I say, aggravated.

It was silent. "We do not care what you did, Carlisle." Vladimir said. And suddenly he was headless. Carlisle threw his head and body a hundred feet away from the house and locked the door. "Sorry about that." Carlisle said. Emmett laughed.