Chasing Jerry Ch. 18- The Past, Present and the Promise

Chapter 18- The Past, Present and the Promise

Jerry's POV

As I wake up in the ring of the alarm clock, I grab my phone to check if there are any messages.

Whoah 23 messages!!! 5 for some random people sending my  appointments this day and 18 messages from Jenny.

She said, "Rise and Shine, My only only man...." with a heart in the end, she also said, " Don't forget about our dinner later.....", "Wo ai ni Jerry,,, Jerry's  Maniacs love you..." and so on and so forth.

Maybe some people would find it annoying but I find it very sweet. I just smiled to the texts she wrote and I also replied to every text she send to me.

I'm not really into texting, since I only text for my career as an actor and sometimes I use it to communicate with my friends but many is through phone calls. I suck at texting so I just always replying some lifeless sentences to her, "Me too." "Love you all." or "Have a nice day." My texting skills is heartless and lifeless so I just call her.

She answer the phone within 2 seconds and said, "Jerry??? thanks for replying to every text I send to you." she said it happily.

"Oh that's nothing how's your sleep?"

"Great,,,,, because I just heard the voice of the most handsome man in the world yesterday before I sleep."

Jenny is very sweet and prank. She said what she really feels. Maybe that's what I like about her. Her voice makes me feel young again. She's the only girl in my life who could send me messages every 15 minutes.

"Jenny, you’re so sweet. You don't know how much you make me happy. You complete my day."

"I'm the luckiest girl on earth Jerry. Just by having a conversation with you makes me so happy."

We didn't notice the time. We talked on the phone for so long because Jenny is the type of a girl that always have a topic to talk to. I almost forgot my appointment with my manager and it's already 12:00 pm. I have to be in Salon de The de Joel Robuchon by 1:00 pm so I said to Jenny that I’ll just pick her up by 6 pm.

I take a bath and hurried to the restaurant. Thanks God, there's no traffic.

I arrive at 12:45 and my manager is still not around. I never learned about her attitude. If she says that if I must be in a place for 1:00 she will arrive 30 minutes late. Damn that woman!!! By the way, her name is Fenny Lie, the famous manager who also handle Joe Cheng, Rainie Yang and Wu Chun. I know her since Meteor Garden days. Even if she's always late and sometimes have a bad temper, I thank her. Without her, I'm not be able to act. I don't know where in the world I ‘am without her. I owe her a lot.

I waited for about an hour but she's  still not around. It's almost 2:00, something is wrong. I call her but she's still not answering so I just order food. While I'm eating, I receive phone call from her saying that she will be here in any minute.

I saw her coming towards me.

"At last!! The best manager is here!!"

"Sorry Jerry, I had really important appointment earlier. I talked to the Taiwan Television and it's about you." 

"Me? What about me?"

"They offer you a drama series! And it will be their major show this coming May. They will pair you to the most beautiful actress today in Taiwan."

"Really? Who's the girl?"

"Ahhm it's a secret for now. You will found out later after she came here."