Paradise

Chapter 12: Paradise

Harry noticed me smiling an idiot at my phone.

“What’s up?” He asked swaggering over… well more like stumbling. In his attempt to be cool he got a bit trapped in the blankets.

“Good news or bad news first?” I asked slightly grimacing.

“Bad news first, because the good news will cheer me up afterwards.” He replied after a moment of thinking.

“Ok well there is currently a small snow storm raging outside meaning that even if you wanted to you couldn’t leave me tonight.” I said leading him to the window to show him his thoroughly covered car.

He laughed a bit and turned to me. “And the good news I’m guessing is that we get to spend more time together?” He asked cocking his eyebrow.

“That’s not what I was going to saw. I was going to say that the good news is that your car might be spacious enough for you to sleep in.” I replied jokingly as I sauntered over to my favorite stack of movies. “Due to the horrible and unforeseen weather we currently don’t have cable and out missing my second favorite Christmas movie White Christmas.” I said as I popped in my first favorite Christmas movie that I watch even when it wasn’t Christmas.

“And what’s your first favorite movie?” He asked trying to see the opening screen for the DVD but I was thoroughly blocking it with a blanket.

“You’ll see.” I said quickly running to the kitchen to grab candy from my mom’s secret snack cabinet as the opening scene came on.

“Love Actually!” He shouted to me obviously happy with my choice. “You know there’s technically sex scenes in this movie.” He shouted as if that was his favorite part. I got back into the room just in time to see the title.

“Yes, and technically they don’t count sense they’re doubles.” I replied laying my stash of Twix, gummy bears, Oreos, and Cheese Puffs. Harry and I reached for the Twix at the same time and made contact.

“You’re the guest you can have it.” I replied as I let go of it. I looked a bit sad as he ripped it open quite happily. I turned to reach for some gummy bears and felt a poke on my cheek. I turned back to Harry who was smiling with one of the bars in between his teeth and another in his hand that he was offering to me. I smiled and took it cheerfully from him and quickly began munching away on the only candy I truly enjoyed for the past two years. 

During the movie I felt myself getting giddy like I always do when I watch romance movies, especially funny ones like this. Every now and then I would squeak during the movie but I might have flipped at the end as everything worked out. I think my favorite thing about the movie was how they were all connected and were at different stages of love. Also it didn’t hurt that Alan Rickman, Hugh Grant, Collin Firth and the rest were my favorite actors. I had seen almost every movie that most of the actors had done and I liked that about them. As the movie came to an end the gummy bears were all gone, half the cheese puffs were missing, the Oreos were a bit trashed but still good, and the Twix had been so lovingly devoured. I flipped on a lamp and turned off the TV.

“I honestly don’t think I could stop watching that movie.” I said picking up all the trash.

“I don’t know, when you know all the lines by heart you should probably stop watching it.” He said smiling.

“Well lucky me I don’t know it by heart.” I said winking as I padded back into my kitchen. I dumped our glasses in the sink and cleaned up a bit. I walked back to him slightly shivering. I quickly dived under the covers. I suck at diving… As I crawled under I accidently kneed Harry in the stomach.