Chapter 5 "Day-Off"

"Day-Off"

Connor's POV

I slowly open my eyes and I put my arm around Lauren, she's still asleep. I get up and put a short on and walk to the kitchen, I start making scramble eggs and then I hear the door of my room open and I turn around and I see Lauren standing there, rubbing her eyes and then she comes up to me and gives me a quick peck. "Morning beautiful" I say, she blushes and smiles at me "Morning to you to handsome" she replies as she sits in the chair. "I have the day-off" I say and she replies "Me too" "Want to go somewhere?" I ask as I serve the eggs in two separate plates "Lake Michigan" Lauren says softly "Really?" I reply sarcastically "Yeah, I'm new here, I was born en NYC" she explains "Fine, it looks like a beautiful day" I say and look to the window to see the Chicago daily traffic, and the sky with a few clouds.

We drove to Target to get a swim suit for Lauren and also ingredients to make sandwiches: mayo, ham and bread.

Lauren's POV

We both arrive at the lake, we walk and I hold the Target bags, I'm already changed and so is Connor, he brought 3 towels, I lay one on the sand and I lay on it, Connor sits next to me and starts brushing my hair with his fingers "Come on, you wanted to come" he says and gets up and takes his shirt off and then extends his hand and lifts me up, we walk to the shore of the lake, the tide gets close and I feel the cold water of the lake on my both feet. We continue walking and now the water reaches my knees. Connor looks at me and grins, I can see he's is going to push me when I dodge him and he falls into the water face first, I start to laugh uncontrollably and he grabs me and drops me into the water to "CONNOR!!" I yell "It's so cold" I continue and start to get out of the water so it reaches my knees again when Connor grabs me and kisses me. I separate from our kiss and then we both swim deeper into the lake. Since almost nobody is here, Connor and I start making out in the lake. When we both hear somebody screaming we both look at the shore and then the man screams again "MY DAUGHTER SHE'S NOT BREATHING, SOMEBODY HELP" me and Connor rush out of the lake to help the little girl "Clear, we're doctors" Connor says and everybody clears. "Start chest compressions" I say and he does, I call 9-1-1 while Connor is doing chest compressions. "Hello 9-1-1, what's your emergency" a nurse says "Yes, I need an ambulance at lake shore drive" I say quickly "Sure it's on his way" she says and hangs. Suddenly the little girl coughs all of the water and breaths heavily. "Oh, my god" everybody whispers, the dad hugs her little girl and me and Connor back off. "Thank you" the man says and we nod "She still needs to go to the Emergency Department" I say and he nods. I look at him and he smiles, we both walk away and Connor says "That's enough for one day" I nod and then we pick up our stuff and we both leave, he drops me off at my apartment and I kiss him goodbye and then I head to the shower.