Chapter 9 "Mistake"

(Takes part in the same day as chapter 8)
Connor's POV
I wake up and roll on the bed, I look at the hour, 7:46 am. I have shift for trauma service, at 9, I get up and grab my phone, I look at it and there's messages from Lauren
"I'm in NYC, be back soon xoxo"
And there's also a missed Face Time call.
I go into the shower and stay there for almost 10 minutes, I exit and change into my scrubs (I believe that's what it's called, correct me if I'm wrong). I decided to go get a coffee at Starbucks, there's one near Med, I head downstairs and get into my Porsche and I drive out to the hospital.
I park in front of the Starbucks and I calmly walk in, I remember that me, Lauren, Natalie and Will where at Molly's but then I can't remember what happened after Lauren left. I form in the line and wait for my turn, I hear the door bell ring, I slightly turn my head and I see Ava standing there, she forms behind me and says "Morning Connor" "Morning Ava" I reply "So do you even remember about last night?" She says out of the blue. I did what? Crap, what did I do? I think. "No, mind telling me" I say trying not to think the worse thing "Well, I'll summarize, Molly's, your apartment and s-e-x" she whispers "Ava, we didn't? Did we?" I say shocked "We did actually, had a fun night" she says and leaves "Next!" The cashier says and I walk to the counter "What would you want?" She says "Um, a latte please and a lemon cake" she nods "$7.46" she says, I pull out my wallet and I give her a 10 dollar bill, she gives me my change and ticket. I walk to the corner and they put my latte and slice of lemon cake on the counter, I grab them and I sit in the corner. "How am I going to tell this Lauren" I whisper to myself and I drink from my latte, I take a bite from the cake and just eat in silence. After a few minutes, I check my watch and it's 8:30 am, shift starts at 9. I finish the cake and throw the bag where the cake was and I walk out with my latte in hand.
I get in the car and drive to the hospital.
I enter the ED and I see Natalie and Will in the doctors lounge. "Connor, where were you?" Natalie asks "I was home, didn't know how I got there" I explain supposing that Ava brought me home obviously I'm not going to tell them "I was about to send a message to Lauren that I didn't know where you where last night" Natalie says "Well I'm here now" I say and hang my jacket on the hook beneath my locker, and hang my stethoscope on my neck and head out of the doctors lounge and Maggie yells "Dr. Rhodes, incoming patient!" Me and Maggie go to the entrance where the ambulances are Sylvie enters and starts telling us the information "Male mid 20's and found trying to commit suicide with propane gas, tubed in the field" "Hi, do you know where you are?" I ask "He's conscious" I say "Treatment 2!" Maggie says "Ok, move him. 1, 2, 3" I say and we move him at the count of 3, order a toxic screen, head ct, chest x ray" I say (I don't know what the medicine is, just go with it)
I stabilize him and I get the results, I read them on the tablet and then tell Doris, "Page Dr. Charles for a psych consult" I tell her, she nods and leaves.