Chapter 16 "Baby Shower"

4 months later
Ava's POV
"Dr. Bekker" I hear Dr. Latham call me, I turn around and look at him "Today is the first day of a new CT resident, he's from Croatia. He'll be with you for a few days." He continues "Sure Dr. Latham, thanks for the heads up" I say and smile "Nice day Dr. Bekker" Dr. Latham says and leaves. I walk to the nurse station "Hey, Albert, can you tell me when the new CT resident arrives?" I say, he nods and then I walk to the conference room and then my pager starts beeping. I look at it and I see it's Connor "Oh, now what do you want?" I say under my breath, and I make my way to the locker room.
I enter and I see him there standing with something in his hands. "What's up Connor?" I ask him and he turns around, holding in his hand an invitation, shaped like a baby's diaper. "Looks like we're going to Molly's tonight, to celebrate your baby shower" he says and smiles "Oh Connor, you organized this?" I say with some tears "Yup, let's hope this goes well" Connor says and takes a step and then kisses me. He separates and we both smile "See you later" he says and puts the invitation in my hands and he proceeds to leave. I look at the invitation and I smile.
My pager goes off again and I see it's Albert, I place the invitation in my locker and then I make my way to the nurse station. When I arrive, I see Albert talking with another man, probably the new CT resident, I make my way to them and I introduce myself "I'm Dr. Ava..." "Bekker" he interrupts and says proudly "I've been following your work since I was in med school" he continues and smiles. "Sorry how rude of me. I'm Mihael Wagner" he introduces himself, and extends his hand, I shake it and smile "Pleasure."

-At the end of the shift-

Lauren's POV
I reach my locker and I see something blue inside, it's and invitation, I open it and it reads.
'Welcoming our bundle of joy'
'Ava's baby shower'
'You're gladly invited to the shower, taking place at Molly's, at 9pm'.
"Oh, Connor" I whisper under my breath. And I place the invitation in my purse, I grab my jacket and leave.
I reach my house and I gently knock, I hear running from inside "Clare! Open the door!" the door opens and reveals Clare, with her hair messed up and in her pajamas. "Everything fine?" I ask with a raised eyebrow, she nods and I enter "We have a party tonight, get ready" I say and throw the purse into the closet and then someone yells. "Oh, my god. My eye!!" someone says from inside the closet, I look at Clare and she puts a I'm fucked smile. Noah gets out of the closet, and then he leaves.
"Jesus, Clare... it doesn't matter anyway" I say and go straight to my room.

-At the party-

Connor's POV
We've been here for an hour, we decorated Molly's before the party started, everybody is here, even some med students. I search for Ava and I find her sitting and chatting with the rest of the girls. I make my way to the bar and I find Will and Jay "Connor, congrats man" Jay says and hugs me and gives me a pat in my back. "Thanks" I respond "A beer please" I say to the bartender, he nods and passes me a beer. I sit with them and then we start drinking and chatting. After thirty minutes, I hear the piano from the stage get interrupted, I turn around, like everybody else and I see Lauren there, sitting and placing a microphone. And then soon after, she sits and starts playing.

(Jar of Hearts)

I know I can't take one more step towards you 'Cause all that's waiting is regret Don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore You lost the love I loved the most I learned to live, half alive And now you want me one more time Lauren looks straight at me, she has some tears in her eyes. 
Who do you think you are? Runnin' 'round leaving scars Collecting your jar of hearts And tearing love apart You're gonna catch a cold From the ice inside your soul So don't come back for me Who do you think you are? I hear you're asking all around If I am anywhere to be found But I have grown too strong To ever fall back in your arms I've learned to live, half alive And now you want me one more time Who do you think you are? Runnin' 'round leaving scars Collecting your jar of hearts And tearing love apart You're gonna catch a cold From the ice inside your soul So don't come back for me Who do you think you are? It took so long just to feel alright Remember how to put back the light in my eyes I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed 'Cause you broke all your promises And now you're back You don't get to get me back Who do you think you are? Runnin' 'round leaving scars Collecting your jar of hearts And tearing love apart You're gonna catch a cold From the ice inside your soul Don't come back for me Don't come back at all Who do you think you are? Runnin' 'round leaving scars Collecting your jar of hearts Tearing love apart You're gonna catch a cold From the ice inside your soul Don't come back for me Don't come back at all Who do you think you are? Who do you think you are? Who do you think you are?

Lauren started crying and left the stage, Natalie ran after her.

Lauren's POV

I rush out of Molly's and I hear the door open, I suppose it was Connor, but to my surprise it's Natalie. I clean the tears from my eyes, as Natalie approaches "Beautiful song" she complements and I smile "Thanks, been practicing for a few days" I explain, still cleaning my cheeks. "So, that song was meant for Connor, right?" she asks and I nod. "Yup, sneaky son of a bitch" I say under my breath "C'mon I'll walk you home" she says and smiles, I smile back and nod.
[Thanks so much for reading, I'm almost at 1k so thanks to all of those who are still reading and a big shoutout to drclareelizabeth who inspired and motivated me to create this. Love you all ❤]