Chapter 14 "Encounter"

Lauren's POV
I walk into the ED and slowly make my way to the doctors lounge and then Maggie starts yelling “Mass-CAS, Incoming about 20 patients!!”
I rush and throw my stuff on the couch and I just grab my stethoscope. I rush my way to the ED ambulance entrance and I find myself in front of Connor. I just look away at the door and then the paramedics start coming.
“9 year old boy, right hand and leg broken, parents right behind us” I nod and join the rest of the paramedics. “Treatment 4!” Maggie yells, I nod and we wheel him there. “Ok sheet move in 1,2 3.” I say and we switch him to the other gurney. “Thanks guys” I say and they leave “April, get me a head CT, chest, leg and arm x-ray.” I say while I check him to see any more damage.
Connor's POV
“Ok let’s take him up to the OR” I say and throw my gloves on the hazardous bin. “Maggie next!” I yell, “Treatment 2!” she yells back. I rush over and enter “Any help Dr. Halstead?” I ask him, he nods. I jump in and see the x-ray “Pass me the ultrasound” they pass me the wand and I start looking for internal bleeding. When I reach the lungs, he coughs up blood. “Chest tube!” Will yells, I grab the scalpel and the tube. He incisions with the scalpel and then the blood starts leaking out. He places the chest tube and I check his lungs again. “The lungs are clear”.
Lauren's POV
After the Mass-CAS, I go back into the lounge, covered in blood from a chest tube incisions, I grab some new scrubs and I change. I see the door open and Natalie steps in “Oh, before I forget” she says “This is the wedding invitation!” she yells excitedly. As she closes her locker, I smile and look down at it.
'Natalie Manning and William Halstead'
‘The lucky couple are getting married, you are gladly invited to the wedding'
I look up at Natalie and she smiles, “We’ll catch up, I have a patient in 5” she says and leaves, I grab my purse which is still laying on the couch and I place it in my locker along with Natalie's invitation. I close the locker and the door opens to reveal.  A tired Connor, his scrubs covered in blood. He takes a new pair of scrubs and then he looks at me. I look away and I walk out, I make my way to treatment 4.