Chapter 19 "Baby"

"Baby”
Lauren’s POV
“Connor, look who came to see you” I say and I wheel in Ava, she was complaining last night and I brought her to the hospital. Connor opened his eyes excitedly, he smile and I left the room to leave them alone.
Ava’s POV
“Connor, I think the baby is coming” I say and he smiles “Too bad I can’t get up” Connor replies and he looks at his legs “You’ll be able to move again” I say optimistically, he smiles and grabs my hand. “I will” he says and he makes me smile and I look down on my belly, I put both of our hands on it and I see a tear fall down his cheek.
A few hours later…
Lauren enters the room with tablet in hand and she checks the chart “I have good new” she says and shows us the tablet “The last scan we did on Connor revealed that his wound his healing and there’s a possibility he can walk again” Lauren says and passes the tablet to Connor. “Great” that’s all I manage to say.
Lauren’s POV
I see how Connor shows a smile on his face, suddenly Ava gets up and walks a little, until a splash of water hits the floor “Her water broke, we need to get you upstairs” I say and I grab Ava’s wheelchair and I sit her there, I wheel her upstairs and they take her from there. I go back to the ED since my pager beeped.
Connor’s POV
I lay on the bed, Ava’s water broke and Lauren took her right away, I let my head fall on the pillow and I stare at the ceiling. I hear a knock on the door and I look forward and I see Will standing there “Congrats man” Will says and smiles, he sits on the chair that Ava was sitting on “Your baby boy is up in the nursery” he continues and I can’t help but smile. “How did it go?” I ask “It went perfectly fine” Will responds and smiles “Looks like we’re both father’s now” Will says, I laugh and then shortly after he does as well.
Ava’s POV
I look at the door and I see Lauren coming in with a baby “He’s gorgeous” Lauren says and she passes my baby, I look at his face and he’s asleep. “I’ll leave gotta check on another patient” Lauren says and I nod. “Welcome to the world little one” I whisper and I receive a deep breath as a respond.
After a few hours, I see that they wheeled Connor up here “Look at our son” I say and hand him over “He’s for my eyes” Connor says and keeps admiring him. “What are we gonna name him?” I ask him, I start thinking and he then says “Jordan Christopher Rhodes” Connor says and I nod “Fine then… what do you mean by Rhodes?!” I shriek “Well it’s our son, so Rhodes-Bekker?” he asks; defeated, I nod. “Fine”