Chapter 23 "Christmas"

Chapter 23

"Christmas"

Lauren's POV

I lift my head up slightly and I manage to see Clare with a plate in her hands and something else where my feet are.

"Merry Christmas L" she says and hands me the plate, which it's full of different types of cookies. "You baked these?" I ask as I sit against the wall "Nope, I just bought them, I suck at cooking and baking and I hate doing the dishes" Clare says and we both laugh. I grab a peanut butter cookie and I take a bite "Want some?" I ask while passing the plate. "Just one" she says and grabs one.

The hours pass, as Clare and I started to watch Netflix and continue eating and trying to stay warm.

Ava's POV

Connor and I are heading to the mall to take Jordan for his first photo with Santa. Connor carrying Jordan and he holds his hand with mine. "There's such a big line" I say, Connor nods and Jordan starts yelling joyfully, Connor smiles and I smile too. "I'll go get the ticket" Connor says and passes me Jordan. "Daddy is going for the ticket for the photo" I tell Jordan, while I point at Connor. Connor comes back and then I pass Jordan to him. "He's heavy" Connor says as he's carrying him, I nod and then we wait in line, Connor suddenly goes to get the stroller since both of us are tired of carrying Jordan.

After half an hour has passed, it's finally our turn for the photo.

Santa sits Jordan on his lap and starts asking "What did I brought you for Christmas?" Jordan looks at both of us and then he starts to crying. "Honey don't cry" I tell Jordan and I pick him up. "Shhhh it's alright baby" it's just Santa he isn't go to do anything to you" I manage to calm Jordan down and then instead of sitting him on Santa's lap, I sit him on Connor's.

They take the photo and Connor buys it and he asks them to frame it. I put the photo in my bag and Connor straps Jordan in his stroller.

We take a walk around the mall and then we leave to our apartment.

Clare's POV

I lift my head slowly and I look at Lauren, who has fallen asleep. I get up slowly trying not to wake up Lauren. I pick up the plate where the cookies where, and I go downstairs, I put the plate on the kitchen table and then I head to the mailbox, I open it and I see various letters. "Bills, bills, more bills" I say and then I see a letter with Lauren's name on it and the NYU Hospital symbol. I open it up and I pull the paper out.

'Dear Ms. Wood

We at the NYU Hospital, want to give you a place to continue your Emergency medicine residency.

We hope to get a response.

We wish you the best.

-NYU Hospital Board'

"Holy shit" I whisper.
I place the letter in the living room, I wash the plate and I go back into the bed with Lauren.
[Thanks so much for your reads and for keep reading!
Good night or day🖤]