Books (elijah mikaelson)

As soon as I walked into the private library the mixed scent of books and cinnamon hit my senses, slowing my heart rate as I breathed it in. I started to walk around the book cases, looking for the thing I knew would help me sleep.
"Elijah!" I softly called out, knowing even if I whispered he would hear me with his enhanced senses. I had heard his heart beat as soon as I walked in so I knew he was sat with one of his favourite books in hand. Smiling as I recalled all the times that I found him asleep with his book still open, I heard him softly reply. "Darling?" I followed his voice and it lead me to the far corner of the room.
I made my way over to him and stood in front of him. He looked so peaceful as he smiled up at me. Unusually, he wasn't dressed in a suit but was wearing a slim-fit white tee which clung to his every muscle, enhancing every movement. He was also wearing black joggers which I knew from experience were very soft. His feet were bare, crossed over each other as his legs stretched out. His thumb was placed in his page of the book as it closed slightly.
He opened one of his arms and beckoned me towards him. "Come here love." He smiled sweetly. I sat down next to him, resting my head on his chest. He moved his open arm so it rested around my waist. I listened to his heart beating as he pressed his lips lightly to my forehead.
"Elijah?" I asked, turning my head to look into his eyes. "Yes beautiful" he replied. "Read to me?" I asked. I saw his eyes glimmer slightly.
I knew how he loved reading to me and he knew how much I loved listening to him read.
He reopened his book and because to read them aloud. His voice smooth like honey but deep and rich like chocolate.
I listened curiously as his expression filled voice told the story. Soon I couldn't focus on the words he was saying but only his body heat and the sound of his voice.
My eyes started to close as I fell asleep in his arms, content and safe.

AN: sorry it's short guys. I wrote this during spare time in one of my mocks.