Chapter 4

I heard stomping, and then a loud slam of the front door. Well at least Lin's back and safe. I wonder if she remembered to buy some yeast and sugar. Perhaps chocolate, since I ran out and the cocoa beans are still mostly unripe. I can't wait for the cocoa beans to grow back, since I went a little crazy last time.

"Sang! What were you thinking?!?" Rozalin stormed into the living room carrying several large bags, her black and yellow sundress flowing around her as she yells. " Why did you go out?! What would happen if you ran into a hunter?! You could have died! And-Hey! Are you listening?!" I glance up at her, and Kiki just gives her a bored look.

"I'm sorry Lin. But I wouldn't have gone out if it weren't important. You see a boy got injured and-" I began my story. "A boy was injured!?! Why didn't you say that in the first place! Where is he? Is he a wizard?" She seemed excited dropping the bags on the floor, and was bouncing up and down happily.

"I don't think so, he couldn't see the house until we got through the barrier. He's upstairs though, in my bedroom. Can you check and make sure he's ok? I just don't want him to get infection or if I didn't take care of something fatal. "

"Oh? Your bedroom you say..." she wiggles her eyebrows, and I blush slightly. "Are you going to check on him or what?!"

She just smirks at me and walks up the stairs.
~[~]~[~]~[~]~[~]~[~]~
*1 week later*

The boy has yet to wake up yet, and even Lin is starting to worry a bit. We've made sure he's been well taken care of, but he refuses to wake up yet.

It was dinner time and Lin and I were eating dinner, talking about all the potions and spells we, well I, wanted to try out. I always appreciated our peaceful, yet chatty dinners together. I never had this with my old family. Even if I did eat with them, it was usually a tense and cold atmosphere the entire time.

Lin seemed to know how much I enjoyed them, and always made entertaining conversation with me. Sometimes we just ate in peace for a little bit, but it was never awkward, it was just peaceful.

It was one of those times, Kiki just purring as he sat on the table, far away enough from the food. Lin was stuffing her face with as much food as possible, and I was just lost in thought, poking at my food here and there.

I felt the air shift behind me, and a small creek was heard. Whipping my head around, I say the boy was sneaking down the stairs. He looked scared, and stared back at us.

"Why, hello there Sleeping Beauty! You've slept quite a long time y'know?" I snort lightly,"Lin~ he's Pocahontas! Not Sleeping Beauty."

"I guess so." Lin shrugs her shoulders, and I take in the boy's face. He looks shocked at our statements of him being a princess, but fear is still apparent. His  black hair is a mess and needs a brush. His clothes are wrinkled, but he looks relatively good for someone who was stabbed and in a coma for a week.

"Well? Are you just going to stand there? Come on! You need to eat, look at you. We can't eat you if you're too muscle-y! We gotta fatten you up." Rozalin says cheerily, and her eyes dance with humor.

I roll my eyes, we really aren't helping our case with other witch hunters. It really isn't a wonder why they hate us so much.

I get up and grab a plate and utensils from the cabinet for him, filling it with as much food as it could hold. Placing it down in one of the empty chairs near us, I motion for him to come join us while smiling lightly to try and buy him at ease.

He hesitantly comes and sits down, holding the utensils and took a bite. He visibly enjoyed it, and melted into it. Smiling to myself, I picked up my fork again, and we began a pleasant chat.
~[~]~[~]~[~]~[~]~[~]~
Yay! Ok~ so who do you think we'll meet next? Perhaps a new boy? Or maybe...
Please Comment, Vote, and Share!
-Aiko