thirty-seven

DeMar

"Yo, wake the fuck up!" Someone yells and I feel a pillow slap against my face. I groan at the unfamiliar voice and open my eyes immediately. Malcolm was standing there staring at me like I was growing two heads. "How hard do you fucking sleep? I've been calling you for thirty minutes and your phone isn't even on silent."

"The hell do you want? How did you even get in?" I ask him

"The hell do you want? How did you even get in?" I ask him. I groan as I sit up and look at my beaten up phone. It was 3:14pm.

"I went through the door, which you guys should probably lock more often. I don't know why the hell you guys keep that shit unlocked because I walked straight in here. Anyway, we're going to the hospital so wake the fuck up."

"We were just there, why do we have to go again? I can't see her again like that." I frown as I sit on my head. My head ached from all of the pounding and my cheeks hurt even more. I rubbed them and felt dead skin in between my fingers.

"It's good news, I promise."

I shake my head, "Just go without me, man. I don't know why you came here. I just want to sleep and be left alone right now."

"I promise you it's something you want to see," he says. "Well I half-promise you."

I stare up at him in confusion, "How are you gonna half-promise me?"

"You'll understand when you get there, come on," Malcolm repeats and I shake my head.

"Fuck," I rub my ears, "lower your voice. I have the worst headache."

"And you look like shit I know, but let's go to the damn hospital."

"Why?"

Malcolm sighs, "It was supposed to be a surprise."

"What surprise?"

"They messed up," he says softly. "Ella isn't dead."

I look up at him from my bed, "What do you mean?" That's not possible. She wasn't breathing when I went to go see her.

"They had two 'Isabella Figueroa's' in the system and were killing off the one who was actually alive. They saved Ella."

"What?" I ask in disbelief. Malcolm has lost his fucking mind.

He groans, "Can you just wake up? You're like half-awake and I don't want to repeat myself again for when you do wake up."

"I'm awake," I sat up. He took a seat next to me on the bed.

"They messed up. The other Isabella had got shot but that was because of a suicide, and where she shot herself was in the same spot Ella had got shot at. That other Isabella didn't survive but Ella did. The doctors took Ella off life support because she was dying basically although it wasn't the right Isabella."

I furrow my eyebrows. I was confused as hell at his whole story. There was too many 'Isabellas' and 'Ellas,' and I just wanted to know what happened to my babygirl. "What?"