~Chapter 34~

——— Dust's POV ———
"So any explanation on why Nightmare is suddenly important?" I asked Error as we hid behind the mansion. His face had fear written all over his face but was somehow determined to get him out.

"I guess I'll have to tell you before you raid me with questions. Nightmare is more important than you think,"

"Pfft now the octopus is important," Killer joked.

"Important meaning that since you called him in a rude manner, you're probably going to jail," Error stayed as Killer looked terribly confused.

"But we've been calling like that for ages!" Killer replied.

"Yeah. That's because he didn't know how important he was," Error said as he gestured the gang to follow him. We squeezed through the narrow passage that Error had lead us in.

"Ok the place we're going is a route he knows so we got to take out the guards," Error whispered as he began to climb the stairs. We all looked at each other as it was a usual thing to do, except we had to stop Reaper from killing people as usual.

Once we were past the guards, there was a narrow gap that we had to squish through. Then we made into a small room to fit us all. There was also a hatch door below us.

"Reaper can you pass me the rope?" Error asked.

"Sure," he replied as he handed over the rope he stole from the guard. Error quickly wrapped the rope around his arm and gave me the other end of the rope to me.

"Tie this around your waist," Error whispered as he opened the hatch to reveal the large living room. I peeked in to see any other guards but there were no one. Except an unfamiliar skeleton strapped onto the chair.

"Why me?"

"Because you're the quietest. Now get down there and rescue that skeleton there," he said as he pointed at the skeleton wearing purple shirt with gold trimmings. I sighed as I tied the rope tightly around me as I went Mission Impossible style to rescue an unknown person.

They all lowered me down as I held a knife between my teeth which Killer had thankfully allowed me to have. Once I reached to this person, I used the knife to cut off the restraints on him. He turned his head around to see me and he had these bright lavender eye lights.

Once I had freed him, I gestured him to take my hand so that we could get out of here. He quickly grabbed onto me as I slightly tugged on the rope. Moments later did they started to pull us back up to the ceiling.

Once I was back to normal ground, I immediately untied the rope and rubbed my waist in pain.

"That was painful. Never make me do it again," I commented as the smaller skeleton rubbed his wrists from tight restraints.

"Hey. Let's get out of here shall we?" Error asked the skeleton who seemingly nodded. Error took lead as we got out of the small room and all the way back.

"What about Nightmare?" Horror asked in confusion. I was pretty confused as well since the main reason we came was to rescue Nightmare.

"We got him so that's fine," Error said quickly as he rushed out of the mansion while gripping the smaller skeleton tightly.

"So I guess we are abandoning the octopus," Killer continued, completely oblivious of what Error had said earlier. The smaller skeleton scowled at Killer while Error looked at Killer with disappointment.

"What did I say when calling him that?" Error said sternly, his eyes narrowing at Killer.

"That you shouldn't do it," a deep voice was emitted from the forest.

There was a pause.

"Is this forest haunted?!" I screamed while Error hissed at me to be quiet.

"Nah. I don't think the forest is haunted. Just me," the voice grew louder as we heard the crunching of leaves from behind us. We all turned around to see a hooded figure, whose face was completely hidden. However, the slight sound of static and the glowing red eye-light was enough to tell us this guy was bad news.

"He's the one that kidnapped me," the smaller skeleton said, his voice somehow sounding like Nightmare. I could see Error tighten his grip around the smaller skeleton's arm, not intending to let go.

"Leave us be and we won't hurt you," Error calmly stated.

"What? You can hurt me? Try," the hooded figure challenged Error. All of us stepped back including Reaper and the skeleton because we all knew never to challenge Error. Let's say he gets a little violent in his challenges. I held onto the smaller skeleton since Error was protecting him as if he was like the most important person in the world.

"Let's go then," Error cracked his fingers and pulled his sleeves. Strings shot out from his fingers and instantly tied up the hooded figure. He didn't fight back at all.

"That was simple," Horror asked.

"There. I won," Error said proudly. The hooded figure however, acted differently. He smiled an unusual grin before the sound of static increased and you could see the glitches on him visibly. Not a second later did he glitched out of the strings as if they weren't there. We were all shocked and that was a disadvantage to Error since he wasn't paying attention.

Seconds later he was on the ground with the guy's foot on his chest, keeping him down on the ground.

"That was simple," he said, copying Horror's statement for obvious sarcasm. I held the skeleton behind me as the guy turned to look at me. "Better hand me over that guy behind you before I do anything else to this one here," he said, meaning that he was going to hurt Error if I didn't surrender him over. I could see Error gesturing to say 'no' but you can't leave a member behind. Before I could even mutter the word 'yes', Error had managed to save up his magic and teleport right behind him, landing a huge punch on his face.

That punch managed to make him fly several metres before he stopped himself. As he regained his composure, we realised his hood had fallen off his head, showing who he really was. Not only was I was surprised, Error seemed extremely shocked. The 'guy' rubbed off the blood that was dripping down from his mouth.

"Geno?" Error stuttered quietly.

"I'm not Geno you mortal! And you're going to pay for what you did!" he growled as he took a fighting stance, ready for a fight.