~Chapter 37~

——— Dream's POV ———
A wave of emotions hit me like a train as I saw Nightmare standing there in his original state. It's been 15 years since I last saw him like that and emotions were stirring up between us.

"Hey Dream," Nightmare greeted me with a sad expression. I saw the dullness in his eyes take over as he gave me a usual fake smile. 

"Please don't give me one of your fake smiles again. I... really want to see your real smile," I uttered, the whole room going quiet. Nightmare looked at me before going back to a dull tone.

"You know I can't-,"

"Yes you can. I know you," I responded quickly.

"Ookkaaay. I'm going to leave you two to have a chat. Error and Reaper get yourselves out of the house," Ink called out as Red, Fell, Classic, Lust and Cross followed behind him. Error muttered something in Nightmare's ear before turning and leaving with Reaper.

Soon there was only me and him standing in the half-standing house.

"Look Dream I'm sorry. I'm sorry but you know what they said to me. You know how our parents treated us. Drinking that vial that our dad forced me to do changed who I really was. If you don't want me anymore, that's fine. I've already hurt you too much," Nightmare looked at his own hands, trembling as his eyes were on verge of tearing.

Me on the other hand was already sobbing as I ran up to him and hugged his as tightly as I could. I felt the warmth of his tears falling onto my shirt as I sobbed into his arms.

"I-I miss you s-so much.." I muttered out as properly as I could. But I couldn't help it. I finally found my real brother.

"I miss you too Dream. I-I... miss you too," Nightmare stuttered his voice as his grip tightened around me. And we stood there for what felt like hours.

"Can you both stop crying like babies?" The thing possessing Geno groaned as it laid on the forcefield.

"Gee nice way to ruin a moment here?" Nightmare responded sharply.

"I could care less," he responded monotonously.

Nightmare immediately gave up with him then turned back to me. And oh boy did we have a lot to talk about.

——— Reaper's POV ———

After leaving the twins alone for their emotional moment, I was left with the officers and Error. We looked at each other awkwardly for a while before Error spoke up and broke the silence.

"Ok is there even a reason why we are here with you lot?" Error asked annoyed.

"I didn't do anything. You came here by yourself," Cross spoke up.

"Maybe Ink did," I muttered out, enough for Error to here and slap my face. "Ow..."

"Why did you even hit him?" Ink asked.

"Cause he looovees-,"

"No reason!" Error interrupted, clearly trying to hide the golden tint that was flushed in his face. Thankfully Cross got me and continued my legacy.

"What would their ship name be?" He asked, being sarcastic and wondering like an idiot.

"What are you even talking about?" Ink asked, not getting the point.

"It's none of your business so all of you shut up!" Error said, his face completely yellow.

"I think Paperjam," I pointed out. Error looked at me pissed, his hands twitching.

"Hahaha! If only Geno was here to see it!" Cross laughed as the door opened with both Dream and Nightmare coming out, along with an angry entity.

"Well what do you know. Geno's here!" Cross laughed even more.

"Yeah, he's here.." I said solemnly.

"So are you done your sibling bonding?" Error said, trying his very best to change the conversation.

"It's funny to see a smol Nightmare," Cross held back his laughter.

"Yeah shut up Cross. Anyways I told him about what he said to me," Nightmare said trailing off. What did he say?

"Wait. What?" I blurted out.

"You know, president.." Nightmare silently spoke, not wanting any others to know.

"He told you. Well, I guess we have to keep a very good eye on you," Error ordered.

"President's son?" Ink looked in exclamation. "Since when did you want to protect the government? You always break laws!"

"Trust me. If my father took control, we'll be all dead. So it's either we work together or die," Error said with a hint of anger.

"You literally tried to kill us when we saved your gang," Cross muttered.

"Yeah but I didn't realise how much of use you'll be,"

"That's the stupidest reason," Cross argued.

"Ok there's no point in arguing. Why don't we work together," i spoke up, mentally cringing as I said 'work together'.

"What do we do first?" The skeleton in a police uniform with hints of purple sticking out spoke up for the first time.

"Protect Dream and Nightmare. That's the main idea," I responded.

"Yeah then what about that guy?" Fell asked, pointing at Geno who was tapping against the forcefield.

"You'll have to look around to find some book or something to reverse it. This type of magic already seems very dark so it must have been hard to get," Classic pointed out.

"Here we have a magic expert," Fell concluded, making Classic smile.

"It will take us ages to go through every single book!" Ink complained.

"No. The book must be in the mansion. That was where I was taken to - Well that was where he took me to. Perhaps your dad did this to him," Nightmare said, showing Geno.

"Maybe you're right. But how will we get in? He would have doubled the security of the countless time we went in!" Error exclaimed.

"Hey. I'll do it. I used to work there so I can perhaps get through undetected," Fell raised his hand.

"You sure?" Classic asked him.

"I'm sure,"

"That's settled. Now where are we going to live, along with the three in the basement who are currently knocked out from the fight with the entity?" I asked, definitely not wanting to live on the streets.

"We have several apartments for people who are in a case but can't afford an apartment. We may let you use one!" Dream answered.

"Great. Let's go then," Ink waved us over as we trekked back to the house to retrieve the other members of the gang.

I looked back at Geno, who was busily sitting on the porch. He was gazing at the sky above which was beginning to get dark. The colours shone out brightly as he continued to look away. I gripped my arm as I walked off, knowing that I couldn't sit by him.