~Chapter 54~

———Cross's POV———
"Hey. We won't hurt you. What are you doing here by yourself?" I asked the boy slowly as he tightened his grip around the broom stick. I heard Reaper groan as he pulled himself off the ground.

"I- they- I escaped from the men and I was t-trying to find a place to stay safe. A-and I ended up here..." he stuttered quietly as he was clinging onto the broomstick as if his life was at stake.

"That's alright. We're here to get everyone to safety but for now, you wouldn't mind if you stick with us?" The boy nodded hesitantly.

"What's your name kid?" Reaper asked, trying to match his tone with mines. The boy paused, most likely thinking to himself whether to tell us his name.

"Decans..." he replied softly.

"Cool. Decans. You'll be with us, hacking into the mainframe and disable the magic restriction that's in place. Then we can do all the fun stuff and open up locked gates!" Reaper tried to lighten the mood, which actually helped as Decans looked awestruck.

"I've always wished to use the higher tech computers from the White House. I wanted to test out several codes I've been working on at school but it's practically impossible as the computers we have can't process that amount of terabytes... sorry," he abruptly stopped as I looked in awe.

"Woah. I like this kid," Reaper smiles as he walked over to the computer.

"That's amazing! Maybe you can help us out then!" I asked cheerfully as his eye-lights brightened with joy.

"R-really? I can?" I could see how much he wanted to help us out and gave him a warm smile as I place a hand on his head.

"Sure kid. Come on. Lets go before Reaper gets all the fun,"

———Lust's POV———
"Thank god Nightmare and Dream were there or else we would have been skewered!" Ink huffed out as Blue nodded. We turn to face the hostages that looked in our general direction, a frightened look on their faces.

"It's alright! We are from the police! No need to worry. We need everyone to stay calm as we will soon escort you to safety!" Blue calmly explained as he waved his identity card to the people. They instantaneously relaxed as Classic turned to look at us.

"That door over there cannot be unlocked unless Cross and Reaper manage to let us in," he pointed at the metallic door that allowed everyone to exit the White House. "Another bad news is that thing is made with vengestone meaning that we can't use our magic to break," he explained as I walked up to the door.

"Hopefully they managed to have unlocked the door by now..." I muttered until a voice was heard, catching everyone off guard.

"Sup Ink," a familiar monotone voice was heard.

"What the fu-" Classic hushed Fell as Ink looked up.

"Hello..?"

"It's me. Cross. Have you already forgotten me?" He asked in a teasing voice as Ink gave a small chuckle. I glanced to see Fell muttering, "finally," as Sci looked relieved.

"Hey. Have you got access yet?" Ink asked hopefully.

"Not yet. But we found a kid who's currently helping us so that's a win win," Cross said, "although we might need a few more minutes."

"That's fine. Would you be able to open... what door is it?" Ink asked as he whispered to Classic.

"Ground floor, north east quadrant, the last room down the corridor. The door that leads to the outside," Classic responded.

"Gotcha. Just hang in there," Cross said as the speakers switched off.

"Good. Now we just have to wait..." Sci quietly spoke.