8. Heaven Is Beautiful

September 3rd, 2018

Dear whatever,

Heaven and Owen.

She is bullied for being fat. He is bullied for being a nerdy and socially awkward kid.

They are both outcasts. Outcasts befriend outcasts.

And spoiled rich kids befriend spoiled rich kids.

Someone needs to change that.

If someone succeeds, I'll give them a spot in my own hall of fame wall.

While hoping she'd notice, I put my foot out, but she was too busy chuckling along with the curly brown haired boy to notice. Thus, she tripped over my foot and went flying on the floor. She landed on the floor with a loud thud and all the cheerleaders and jocks burst out laughing along with a few other students.

Bree was the first one to quickly fish her phone out of her pocket and snapping a picture of Heaven lying flat, yet sprawled on the floor with her fat ass sticking up.

Eventually, many other students (mostly jocks and cheerleaders) took out their phones as well and started clicking pictures of the innocent girl.

Pushing her hair out of her face, she looked at me with a scowl and her nose had started bleeding. I smirked while Bree, Nathan and our friends continued to laugh of immense amusement.

"Next time, be careful, fatty. Don't want those ugly jeans you've sewed on your fat legs to rip apart," I said, my words wiping the last trace of the glow on her face.

And thrusting daggers into my heart.

Owen (who's actually really cute, but nobody by even accident bumps into him as if he's a deadly bacteria) helped her up while scowling at me through his blue eyes.

"How can you live with yourself?" He sounded angry and surprisingly curious.

"I CAN'T," I wanted to scream.

But all I did was to throw him a deathly glare.

"Shut the fuck up, you freak," Nathan said, taking a threatening step towards him.

And that's all that took for Owen to step back from the fight that could've gone down any second. He took Heaven's hand in his and led her away from the whole scene. 

After they were gone, everyone turned their attention back to what they were doing as if nothing happened (something I hate about Evergreen High. Nobody does anything.)

Bree showed the picture to us and soon all of my friends started sharing their pictures as well to see who got the best picture.

I wanted to grab their phones and throw them against the lockers. And then I wanted to stomp on the broken pieces.

But I didn't do anything. I just stood there, feeling Nathan's warmth as his arm continued to stay wrapped around my waist.

Can I tell you a secret?

I really want to.

Heaven Allison is so beautiful.

She really is.

And I gave her anorexia.

She's like a rose. You never get tired of looking at her.

I wish I could be her friend.

In a different world, in a different life, in a different universe, we are definitely friends. Best friends.

My hand is getting tired. I'm sure the pen is too, and the paper.

Thanks for listening, S,B. I hope you're still there. But it's okay if you're not. It really is.

Sincerely, whatever.

*****

Just because Maya is jealous of Heaven's family, does that justify her bullying?

Remember to
Vote ⭐️
Comment ❤️
Share with friends 🌹
Follow me 😊