15. Purple Sweater

September 21st, 2018

Dear whatever,

"Move your fat ass," I had muttered to Heaven in the girls locker room after P.E.

Bree smirked of amusement next to me while Heaven silently brushed past me and pulled on her jeans.

The rest of the girls were busy showering, getting dress, applying makeup and spraying perfumes on themselves (like me) to notice or even think about what was about to go down in this locker room. When they were gone, only Heaven, Bree, the rest of cheerleaders and I were left in the locker room.

I wish Heaven left with the rest of the girls. I wish she got dressed faster. I wish she never walked past Bree (who was texting on her brand new phone)  just when she turned away from the mirror in her locker door. I wish they never crashed into each other so Bree's phone flew out her hands and landed on the floor, hard. I wish the sound of the whole screen cracking didn't echo between the four walls.

And that's when Bree exploded. And it was my job as her best friend and the school's popular mean girl to explode as well.

So I did. We both did.

I was a little angry at Heaven though because she walked past Bree with foundation in her hand to apply it before the mirror. She doesn't need foundation. She's way more pretty without it. And the fact that she just had to apply it, made me angry at her. Thus, my job to act as if I exploded like Bree got a tiny bit easier.

Bree made the first attack. "What the hell is wrong with you?Why are you even here?! Just go and kill yourself already. You'll do the whole school a favor! A probably your family too! Nobody has time or space for an ugly, fat cow!"

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" I wanted to scream at Bree.

But all I did was to push Heaven away as Bree grabbed her purple sweater and a pair of pink glittery scissors from her bag and cut through the sweater, furiously.

Heaven screamed and yelled as she tried to break free of my grip, but I held her back along with the rest of my friends (Bree's cheer squad).

After she finished cutting it, she threw the pieces into the toilet and flushed down what was once a beautiful purple sweater.

The sound of Heaven's sobbing cut through my ears and my heart dropped. I sighed.

"It was just a sweater. Get over it fatty," I muttered.

Exactly during that moment, someone grabbed my arm and shoved me aside.

Curly brown hair.

I mentally smiled.

Owen Parker to the rescue.

"When your words start hurting more than they should, it's time to shut up and walk away," he snapped, harshly.

You have no idea how much I loved Owen during that moment. Sure, his words hurt more than daggers through my heart, but I don't really have a heart so...a dagger thrusted into a hollow gap within me was bearable.

Grabbing my stuff, I followed a furious Bree towards the door and out of the locker room. However, I couldn't help but keep my steps slow to catch a glimpse of Owen pulling out a spare hoodie and pulling it over a heartbroken Heaven's head.

Now that I thing about it, they would make a cute couple. Owen and Heaven. So adorable.

Anyway,

I know, I know.

You hate me.

I know.

I always know.

Sincerely, whatever.

*****

Longer chapter than usual

Longer chapter than usual. Hope you liked it😊
Another update is one the way!

Remember to
Vote ⭐️
Comment ❤️
Share with friends 🌹
Follow me 😊