26. He Truly Loved Me

October 1st, 2018

Dear whatever,

I called mom. She didn't pick up. I sent her a text, saying I love her even though she left me alone with a monster.

I didn't know where dad lived with his girlfriend, but I wasn't going to pay them a visit anyway. I didn't call him. I went back to EverGreen diner, but he wasn't there.

Maybe this was a sign. Maybe the universe didn't want me to say goodbye to him, because he wasn't worth it. But I wanted him to be worth it. I looked up to him. After all, he was the only person who truly loved me.

In the end, I came to a conclusion. I wanted to leave him something special. So I found a golden colored crayon and drew stars on one of the empty pages in this diary and ripped it out before giving it to the waitress behind the counter at the cafe dad would surely return to with his girlfriend. I showed her a pick of dad on my phone so she would recognize him easier.

"Bye, dad. I love you," I whispered as I stepped out of the cafe, leaving behind nothing, but the scent of bitter coffee, freshly baked cookies and a sheet of paper covered with golden stars.

Sincerely, whatever.

*****

Don't forget the golden stars

Don't forget the golden stars. They are a huge thing in this book and in the sequel. A symbol worth remembering.

I can reveal the title of the sequel.
It's called
"Echoing Breaths."

Do you like it?

Remember to
Vote ⭐️
Comment ❤️
Share with friends 🌹
Follow me ☺️