25. A Shaky Breath

October 1st, 2018

Dear whatever,

When I entered Mr. Standall's office, I found him sitting behind his desk, scribbling notes on a sheet with his glasses resting on his nose.

I cleared my throat and he instantly looked up, only to raise his brows of surprise. I guess he didn't expect me to be there. I didn't really expect myself to be there.

He told me to come in and I did, but I didn't sit down.

"Remember when you asked me if I was okay in your office?" I asked, my voice so emotionless that it didn't even sound like me.

Eyes glued on my blank expression, he gently nodded.

"I lied," I replied quickly.

Before he could say anything, I continued, "I was not really okay back then. I just didn't know how to explain what I was feeling. Is that weird?"

With a soft expression, he shook his head. "No. No it's not.
Would you like to talk about why you were sad?"

I inhaled a shaky breath.

"Tomorrow. I'll come by tomorrow to talk about it. I think tomorrow will be a better day."

"You sure?" He asked, concern glinting in his honey brown eyes.

I nodded, confidently. "Yes."

He smiled. "If that's what you want, then sure. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yes. See you...tomorrow."

"Bye Mr. Standall," I whispered as I walked through the empty hallways of Evergreen High, leaving behind nothing, but a man who had a heart kind enough to ask the school's mean girl the one question that enlightened her soul.

Sincerely, whatever.

****

I've never updated soregularly 😂

regularly 😂

Remember to
Vote ⭐️
Comment ❤️
Share with friends 🌹
Follow me 😩