Chapter 11

I went inside the house and made my way to the fridge where a beautiful bucket of Oreo ice cream awaited me. I grabbed it and sat down on the couch, Fox sitting opposite to me. I eat the ice cream as Fox spoke "So are you going to tell me?"

I shrugged, "Just the version short version not the complicated amazing story of my life," I faked a large smile as I stuffed more ice cream into my mouth.

"Well, it started when I was 6 my mom died picking up my dad from the bar in a car accident all because my dad wanted to drive. My Aunt Rose took care of us for a month and that's when I learned how to do stuff I wasn't supposed to do for that age. I took care of Luke from then on; Food was scarce because I wasn't old enough to work yet so I shoplifted at small convenience stores. Even back then I was smart using the blind spots in cameras so they couldn't see me then I would buy at least a bag of chips so they wouldn't be suspicious of me just entering and leaving without buying anything."

I eat more ice cream as Fox listened to my story with a blank expression, "I couldn't find any jobs once I reached 13 so I resorted to street fighting, the first few times I was knocked out cold but the rest I won. That's how my winning streak started, I rarely lost a fight so if your fighter beat me he had to be something out of this world. Every time I fought I always thought of what would happen to Luke if I lost and didn't get the money."

"Luke always thought I only fought to buy him something or something pretty for me but that wasn't true to this day Luke still thinks dad was the one who got us food when really it was me. I don't mind I don't want to break his image that dad at least cared a little about us back when he was a useless drunk. Then when I was 15 my dad hit Luke," Tears brimmed my eyes at the moment.

"I froze I was a useless piece of shit just standing there staring as dad kicked Luke in the stomach," I threw the ice cream at the window breaking it in rage at how I froze. I wiped my mouth as anger boiled inside of me "I ran away from home that same night with Luke I took him to Aunt Rose's house and I ran away here to the Sanchez. I got this house five months later from Melody."

My breathing was ragged as if I had just ran a marathon and I wanted to punch something so badly so I walked away from Fox into the basement. I don't know why I told him everything it was meant to be just a small story like "I took care of Luke at a young age then I ran away from dad because he hit Luke."

In the basement, there was a punching bag and weights that I kept to work out. I punched the bag over and over but at the second hit it just broke since I now have more strength. I yelled in rage and punched the wall my fist throbbed in pain as I hit the wall over and over.

Fox saw me and tackled me to the ground "Stop hurting your fists Skylar." He yelled at me in concern.

I squirmed under his weight "I don't care they will just heal, look! They're already healing!" My fists were healing already blood still covered them, but there were no cuts now just small scars that would soon disappear.

"Skylar just calm down, you froze because you always thought you could protect Luke and when the day came that you had to really do it you failed because you had imagined the scenario so many times in your head. But it didn't happen the way you wanted it to happen because you froze your heart rate increased and all you could do was scream that it was finally happening, but you were glued in place," Fox told me still holding me in place.

I stopped moving under him looking at the wall knowing Fox was right. I had imagined it so many times I even imagined what would happen right there, but I didn't accomplish it, I froze. I haven't frozen in so long that I wonder now if it happened again would I freeze again. I looked at Fox finally as he caressed my cheek the feeling overwhelming me.