Chapter 17

We kept looking for Skylar after that keeping an illusion so she wouldn't see us we finally found her in Hawaii and I don't really want to call this stalking her so I'm calling this looking at her with love from the shadows.

She sat down on a rock near the beach her breathing was hard and she had a bottle of beer in her hand. I knew that was a bad sign. She always drank Vodka she tried out other beverages but she said they didn't satisfy her like Vodka did.

She titled her head back and drank from the bottle before breaking it on the ground and setting it on fire she watched the flames and reached out to touch them. The fire didn't burn her instead the fire danced in her arm creating images, a baby then it morphed into a girl in a corner alone and finally a bird flying away, but then it got trapped in a cage.

She pulled her hand away and tears came out of her eyes but she was still smiling, she always smiled through pain. She got another bottle of beer from the pack she had at her side that I couldn't see well. She opened it and tilted her head back to drink as much as she could in one gulp.

"Why won't they just leave me alone?" She said to no one and that was freaking me out because she then spoke again as if answering someone, "I know they care but they should stop they're all a pair of idiots for caring."

"Shut up Aeron," She snapped and drank more beer but she soon dropped the bottle and held her head, "I thought you were only in dreams! Just shut up today, I'm going to try to get myself through the wickedest hangover ever!" Skylar raised her arms into the air and started waving them.

Doesn't it take a lot of alcohol to get a Demon drunk?

"Today I'm going to take someone home! You hear that Aeron! I'm going to take someone home and drink all day!" Skylar laughed and threw a bottle at the sky, but it came back down soon enough because of gravity.

Skylar shrugged and picked up the almost empty pack of beer bottles next to her. She pulled out her phone with her real hand, "Hey Ethan?" I looked at Fox to see his reaction to all of this. He was frozen and the anger was forming in his face. I knew he wanted to go up there and throw the phone to the ground.

I know I would too.

"I'm sorry I left you! I'll make it up I'll go back but how's the leg?" She asked Ethan, "You will be out of the hospital in a few days? That's great news! I'll be right over don't worry and when you get out I will take you out to the best bar out in California! Soon we're going to drink until we drop!"

She listened to the person on the other line before changing her sentence, "Soon I will drink until I drop!" She laughed and hung up spreading her wings to head off to California again.

She was playing circles I realized. It was a trick she used to do with me whenever we played hide and seek, she would hide somewhere and after I found her she would get a new spot. If I found her again she would go to her old spot and I always thought she chose a new spot and never looked for her in the old one, until I found the trick out.

She already chose two hiding spots: California and Texas, now she's going back to California meaning if we lose her here to she will choose a new circle.

After she left we waited a few minutes before getting out of the bushes, Fox picked up a beer bottle that Skylar had left by accident and he started to drink it.

"Stop it Fox!" I yelled grabbing the bottle and emptying it out so there was nothing to drink. I didn't want a drunk member in our team to get Sky back.

"Why? She just wants us to leave her alone and she wants to get a hangover and take someone home how am I stopped to feel? Am I going to be happy for her? Of course not! That's like asking a happy husband and wife how they would feel if one of them cheated on the other! The answer is they would be furious!"