Chapter 2

I got home after playing a round of Monopoly with Tessa and Jason. Obviously I almost won if it weren't for Jason going on a rage quit. He threw his money on the board said, "Fuck this! " and threw the board game off the table.

Earning a fist on his stomach from me, I promise it was gentle he only clutched his stomach for a moment.

It was Saturday so obviously there was no school. I quietly checked my dad's room and sure enough he was there, face on the pillow with an empty bottle of vodka on his hand; Kudos for choosing a good drink though.

I closed the door as gently as possible and went to Luke's room. I opened the door and poked my head inside.

"Where were you?" He asked me as he played his blue DSI that covered his face from my view that I had bought him.

"I was at Tessa's house" I replied cautiously. He was probably pissed I left him alone.

"Oh," He said and I sighed and sat on the corner of his bed. He closed his DSI and looked me straight in the eyes, "You were drinking?" He said his face completely expressionless.

I nodded looking at his nose so I wouldn't face those golden eyes, "Did you have fun?"

A grin broke out into my face before I could stop it, "Tessa got a trampoline."

He laughed and grinned back at me, "Well I'm glad you had fun even if you were drinking," He gave me a huge hug and then let me go, "You got mail today by the way." He gave me a small package and opened his DSI again. He was probably playing Zelda.

I grabbed the package and opened it revealing a beautiful necklace with a golden chain and a beautiful deep flamed blue colored stone in the middle. I took out my phone and searched up gems, all of them. It took a while, but I finally found out it was a moonstone. I think at least I have to take it somewhere to make sure.

I checked the package to see who sent it but all I found was a small note and a ring with a moonstone too but it was a white color.

Skylar, We hope you love the necklace it took a while to get one and the ring! The necklace is for you and the ring for Luke. Love you!

"Luke, look at this!" I said still staring at the necklace and ring in disbelief, this must be very expensive. Luke moved towards me and saw the necklace and ring in my right hand and the note in my left.

"Wow, Sky who sent you these?" He narrowed his eyes at me, "You're not in a gang that gives you these gifts, right?" He was joking, but I knew he was serious.

I shook my head "Not ready for the cops yet," I muttered still looking at the necklace.

"But Street fighting is-"

I made a loud shh noise, "It's only illegal if someone finds out so shut up."

I handed him the ring and note, "Rings for you and necklace is for me," I kept staring at the necklace in my hand. I pinched myself, "Nope this isn't a dream..." I said and Luke nodded.

"It doesn't say who sent it," Luke stated the obvious.

"No shit Sherlock" I rolled my eyes and he glared at me before putting the ring on his middle finger and showing it at me. By showing it at me, I mean only his middle finger with the ring on it.

"If I'm going to show my middle finger at least I'm doing it in style!" He stuck his tongue at me and I laughed and flipped him off before talking again.

"But I'm not sure if we should keep these..."

"Come on! They look awesome and I'm willing to bet you would look beautiful with the necklace on! Please let's keep them Sky!" Luke put on his best puppy dog eyes and pouted.