Chapter 20

"Nevaeh knew she could die here don't worry," I tried to comfort Eva but she cried more into my chest but pulled back whipping tears away.

"It's okay I'm fine I just couldn't believe it, Nevaeh died," Eva said her voice was disappointed and so was her expression along with sadness.

She shook her head as if clearing a thought away, "Let's go find your sister, when we find her we can get out of this hell hole, right?" She tried to smile but failed miserably so she just pressed her lips together.

I nodded, "The sooner the better."

It didn't take long until we found a staircase that lead to the second floor but apparently life hated us so badly that he (she?) decided that it would be fun to add Demons all over the second floor. A Demon in the hallway saw me and his eyes widened for a moment before he spread out his claws and sprinted towards me ready to attack.

I panicked and quickly swung the sword directly at the Demons head cutting it right off and blood spread everywhere painting the hallway in a scarlet color, even bits where on my hand, blood dripped down my sword too. I barfed at the sight and thought that I had killed someone, Eva rubbed my back gently, "This is all for Skylar remember," She comforted me and I nodded but I couldn't face the body in front of me. I kept my head held high and walked around the body ignoring the churning in my stomach.

We went ahead having to face even more Demons that of course at the sight of us attacked us but this time I didn't panic, neither did Eva, so we knocked them out not hurting a single one, soon the whole second floor was clear of walking Demons. I would say clear of Demons, but they're still alive so that wouldn't be correct. I leaned against the wall and looked out the broken window where we had just thrown a Demon out of it.

Out the broken window I could see a small dirt sphere which was apparently someone's barrier, a blonde woman got near it and with the wave of her hand the sphere came down to reveal Skylar laying down with blood on her hands and a bit on her mouth. Dead bodies were littered around where the sphere once stood.

Tears threatened to fall down her eyes and the blonde woman smiled down sadly at her before speaking to her and Skylar actually seemed to be paying attention as if interested on what the woman had to say. Skylar's expressions were hard to see from here, but I knew one of them was at least interest on what the woman was saying. But I knew one thing for sure.

Fox vision was coming true.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Skylar POV

Before this shit went to hell.

I was in my cell chained to the wall so I couldn't move my hands much. I was about to just go to sleep when I heard gunshots ring out throughout the island. My guards eyes widened into the size of disks and he looked at me and tried to keep on a confident face but apparently for him that was as easy as finding a unicorn.

I always thought Demons could keep a straight face.

"They will never get to you," He said sounding as confident as sticking thousands of swords in your body sounded safe. He made me want to laugh at his lack of confidence, he knows what I am capable of and if he were smart he would have fixed the cuffs because I can slightly move in them.

I smirked instead of laughing because this is the distraction I need he's vulnerable. Most of the guards will be outside fighting so this will be very easy like taking candy from a baby. With the lift of my finger, the back of the chains that are connected to the wall broke free. The chains are still connected to my wrists and the ends of them have a chunk of the wall, but now I have complete movement.