Chapter 14

May, 28, 2014

Johnathan's POV

That sensation came to me like it always did when I had a new person to track. My heart raced at the new information forming in my head.

Luke Aeron age 15 goes to Ashton high he will be in the front of the school waiting for his dad at 3:37 today.

Aeron? Wasn't that Skylar's last name?

God I haven't seen her in two months ever since the Demons came. The Demon, Derek, escaped with what they came here for, Skylar. Sapphire got left behind unconscious with a bite on her neck yet to heal.

I found her in the supplies closet like that and she tried to spread her wings, but the feathers were falling and turning gray.

She had fallen.

Sapphire wailed uncontrollably as she felt her Demon side being ripped away from her leaving her cursed to be mortal and wingless.

I grabbed a white shirt and pulled it over my head and went out to get Luke Aeron.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Luke POV

I haven't seen Skylar in a while I thought as I drew in my notebook. I was drawing flying birds right now until the bell rang signifying me to leave class immediately.

Birds were always Skylar's favorite animal.

I quietly got up and grabbed my stuff heading to my locker and getting my book bag. I left the school and waited for dad to pick me up like usual near the entrance. A guy bumped into me and a shock went through me making me stand up as straight as a pole. turned to face the guy but he wasn't there anymore all I caught sight of was black hair.

I heard a car horn go off and turned to see my dad in the car waiting for me.

I grinned and quickly got in, "How was school Luke?" Dad asked as we made our way home.

"Boring like usual," I laughed and he suppressed his laughter.

"What would Skylar say to that?" he asked and I shrugged.

"She would probably slap me in the back of the head and tell me to pay attention to class," I smiled at the thought of her and my dad did too but his eyes seemed sad because Skylar would never forgive him.

"At least she decided to spend time with you after she finished that boarding school right?" I said trying to cheer him up because sadness makes me uncomfortable.

I didn't like it when people around me were sad, he smiled though, "Are you sure she said that? Maybe she wants to get me a cake filled with poison," He laughed and so did I.

"I'm sure she does and maybe over time she will forgive you she can't hold a grudge forever, right?" I said, but I knew Skylar could keep a grudge for the longest time ever.

Once I stole a piece of bread from the store and she got so pissed at me that she didn't talk to me for a two weeks until I begged her to talk to me and she gave in then.Another time there was that girl who bullied me for a while in first grade Skylar personally went over to tell her to fuck off and from then on the girl tried to say sorry but Skylar has never spoken to her, ever.

"Has Skylar called recently?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Not at all maybe she's too busy with school?" I said unsure, but I knew that wasn't true I knew Skylar and she would of at least called once a month but she hasn't. I never saw her after she and Fox left.