1.The Hero

'This case is going out of our hands, call Dr.Hooda immediately.' The nurse hurried out to call Dr.Aditya Hooda the one who was compared next to God. There wasn't a case so born which could be cured and he wasn't able to. He could give hope in darkness and could save a soul from deaths clutches. Everyone had heard his name and had called out to him in desperate needs. Aditya heard the rap on his door and beckoned the nurse to come in. She told him hurriedly about the situation and he left his chamber and walked towards the OT. He went in and said 'Scalpel and forceps' and with the dexterity of an expert neurosurgeon started the operation. There was a reason why he was the only person who had topped his medical school every year, and the reason was he was the very best. Within an hour he fixed the damage and removed his blood stained gloves and without a word went out of the OT.

The nurse followed him and said 'Dr. patient ki family aapka shukriada karna chahti hai. Ek baar mil li jiye na unse.'

Aditya said 'Sister Fernandes, yeh aap bhi bohot ache se jaanti hai aur main bhi ki mujhe patients ke saath personal relationship banane mein koi dilchaspi nhi hai. Yeh mera kaam tha, something for which I am getting paid for. Uske liye na toh thank you ki zaroorat hai mujhe aur agar kabhi kisi ko nhi bacha pata hoon toh sorry bolne ki bhi nhi hai. Aapko baat karni hai toh kar lijiye. And yes get me those case studies on my table ASAP too.'

With this Aditya went back to his chamber to check on his other patients. The nurse looked at him with a pitiful expression on her face and thought 'He wasn't always this heartless. It only shows what time and sad experiences do to you .'

At almost midnight Aditya sat alone in his chamber and opened his drawer. In it was kept a very old blood stained scalpel and forceps and below it was a photograph. He gently rubbed his hand over it and wiped a small tear away. He shut the drawer and decided to head home.

When he reached his house he was greeted with bone cracking hug by a ten year old girl. Aditya smiled for the first time that day. Why shouldn't he , he was meeting Mrinalini aka his Mri after a long day of work. Mri was his only reason to still believe in reactions and love. Mri was his niece and the light of his soul. She knew exactly how to make him happy. Her one smile could make his heart feel light and merry. For her one wish he could turn the entire world around. Mri let go of the hug and said 'Itne late kyun ho gye aap Adi? Mujhe kal school bhi toh jana hai aur aapko pata hai aap jab tak nhi aate tab tak mujhe neend nhi aati.'
Adi picked her up in his arms and took her to her room while saying 'I am sorry Mri. Voh aaj ek emergency aa gyi thi isliye late ho gya. By the way tumne aaj kya kiya? Homework kiya na sara, ya mujhe kal school bulayenge?'
Mri laughed and said 'Sab khatam kar diya, bas khana nhi khaya.'
Aditya looked at her small and innocent face and said 'Itni raat ho gyi hai Mri, khana kyun nhi khaya tumne?'
Mri said in a matter of fact tone 'Aap nhi aaye the isliye.'
Aditya took her to her room and then bought her , her dinner and fed it to her while she in turn fed him. They laughed as Mri recited her school's incidents.Aditya then tucked her in and kissed her forehead and said 'Goodnight Mri. Sweet dreams , kal subah milta hoon.'
He was about to leave when Mri tugged his hand and said 'Parson mera birthday hai Adi, ab toh mummy papa ko bolo na aa jaye.'
Aditya looked at her and feigned a smile and said 'Abhi so jaao, kal dekhta hoon.'

And with that he turned the lights off so that Mri couldn't see his face which had pain and sorrow and the guilt of lying to her written.

How could he tell her that her mom would never be able to celebrate her birthday and how her dad didn't care whether it was her birthday or not. And for how long could he hide the fact that her mom wasn't in this world anymore and he had no idea where her sad excuse of a father was.

Hello readers , so I managed to write the first chapter. Tell me how's it and whether it's alright or not. Would love to know your views. Do vote and I would really appreciate if you would co operate with my slow updates♥️😭 Lots of Love ♥️