Chapter 7

A/N: Warning! Beware the feels in this chapter!

Zeldris left his brother outside and made his way into the house and to Elias' bedroom, where he found the younger male still fuming silently inside his room. Elias was sitting cross legged on his bed, glaring at the wall. Zeldris chuckled quietly before entering the room and sitting on the other side of the bed, his back to Elias. "May I inquire as to how your power works, young one?" He asked Elias quietly. Elias stiffened slightly. No one had asked that before. Deciding to venture onward hesitant and cautiously, he began to answer. "Im not sure just how it works. I just know bad stuff happens." He answered tensely, 'What was his motive? Why did he ask that? Why did he need to know about his powers? How much did he want to know or already knew? Elias sat there tensely, waiting for Zeldris to respond. "Tell me about how you coped with your power before you learned to keep it locked up?" Zeldris asked. Elias hesitated once more, he wasn't sure about answering him, but he started his story before he was actually aware of it. 

Growing up was hard. At the time, I was at least somewhat normal, but I always came second to my older sister, who had inherited the hetrochromia gene, and Ancestor Elizabeth's healing ability and was about 9 years older than me. At first, everyone thought I had no magic, I was a normal kid, with matching eyes and no magic, but then that changed one day, when I was 6 or so. I was in the park playing with some friends on the playground. I'm not sure what game we were playing at the time, but I remember having fun, and running around. Then, an older kid came up to the group, stole one of the toys we were playing with and broke it. I remember getting so....angry. I stood there, glaring at the bully, my fists clenched. I felt a dark feeling in me, though at the time I had no idea what it was. I remember marching towards him, and pulling my fist back, and when I let it fly, I remember seeing a dark black energy around my fist and before I could think about it any further, I had gut punched the kid. Afterwards, my mom had hurried me home. I overheard mom and dad talking a few days later about how the kid had ended up in the hospital due to internal bleeding and damage to his intestines, and that he died in surgery. 

The next time I had a manifestation of my powers was a couple months later, when I had just turned 7 and I was skating on my board beside my older sister. We were on our way to our grandmothers. We were talking with each other and joking around, when an old guy came out of nowhere and grabbed my sister. I remember getting pissed that someone would dare touch my sister, and I felt my magic react again, and out of nowhere, a tree just...fell on his car, and a limb had broken in the process and speared the guy through the chest. I remember the tree had been light with black with my magic, so I knew I had caused it. The situation was impossible too be coincidental. I remember grabbed my sister and pushing her behind me, putting my self between him and her, and us running all the way to Grandma's house. We told her what happened and the three of us had mutual agree not to tell mom and dad about what had happened minutes before. 

The magic slip ups happened more frequently after that, mostly just small stuff, like things breaking or flying across the room, or freakish strength when I got upset or angry. It made it harder for mom and dad to leave me with a babysitter. Rumors of my freakishness had spread around town by that point and most babysitters avoided me like the plague. The kids in my class had started picking on me, calling me freak and weirdo and had started beating me up. 

The next big magic slip up, I got into a horrible fight with my sister. Grandma had just had one of her visions. She had said that I was going to save the world one day, and that I would bring magic back into the world. That had set my sister off. She had gotten jealous of me. "Why can't I be the hero! I basically am Elizabeth reborn!" She would boast and complain at the same time. I remember being so pissed at her. "This is mine! You can't have it! For once, not everything is about you! You have everything else! Every one loves you and every one hates me! I finally have something good happen to me, and here you are trying to steal it away, as usual!" I shouted at her. My magic had reacted to my anger and was lashing out all over the place. I had never gotten so angry before in my life. I was hurt and angry and betrayed, and I had something good, and here she was trying to steal it away again. I remember my magic lashing out at her and hitting her. Nothing happened...at first. Afterwards, I stayed out of the house skateboarding a lot, staying out as long as possible, and ignoring my sister when I was home. The effects of my magic revealed its self a year later, when my sister got sick. 

I was 8 or so, and Ban had offered to babysit me while my sister was in the hospital, so my parents could be there with her. While Ban taught me how to conceal my magic, as I had asked him, and taught me hand to hand combat, My parents were with my deathly sick sister in the hospital. She had gotten cancer in the exact same spot that my magic had touched. I had no idea she was even sick until...until 2 months later, when mom and dad had finally came back home. I had been playing with Ban in the backyard, when they came home. I remembering them explaining that my sister had gotten cancer and none of the tests had worked on stopping the violent sickness. It wasn't until I had asked where she had the cancer that I had realized what had happened. They told me she had died in her sleep. I remember all the guilt and self hatred and depression that I went through, that I still go through. I had killed my sister in a fit of anger and nothing I could do would bring her back. No amount of begging, pleading, bargaining and yelling and shouting and crying. No matter how many times I had thought about ending it all just to pay for what I had done would bring her back. I finally stopped considering suicide after awhile, because I couldn't handle the thought of putting my parents through all that pain of loosing a child a second time. I vowed that it would be the last time I lost control of my magic in a fit of rage again. 

By the time Elias was done with his story, he was crying and practically sitting in Zeldris' lap, which wasn't that difficult considering Elias was 4'8, two inches shorter than Zeldris, and had his face buried in Zeldris' chest sobbing quietly. Zeldris was rubbing Elias' back in an attempt to console him. Zeldris watched the young male in his arms, 'He seems to fit perfectly. NO! Focus.' He thought, before mentally shaking him self and focusing once more on the boy in his arms. They remained like that and eventually, somehow, the two had dozed off in their position. 

Outside Ban and Meliodas quietly watched the scene with soft smiles, before creeping away quietly.