Twentyfive: The Days Leading Up day 2

Anne and Diana talked about the night before and how it was just the two of them. They decided to stay upstairs until Matthew or Marilla 'woke' them up.

It was 7am and the girls were still talking. They decided to just go downstairs. They walked to the kitchen and Diana saw a present on the dining room table. It read:

Dear Anne, words can't describe how much I'm missing you right now, but I can't wait to see you. Here's a little something for the days leading up.

Gil.

Diana thought it was so romantic. "Aww Anne he is just too adorable."
She smiled and moved out of the way for Anne to see.

"Oh my god I told him not to." She blushed but was annoyed. "Matthew and Marilla must of brought it in" Diana rolled her eyes. Diana called Gilbert. Anne made the girls pop tarts as Matthew and Marilla had left. They probably heard the girls awake so left. "Hey Gilbert" Diana said once he had picked up the phone.

"Hey Diana what's up everything all right?" He sounded confused.

"Yeah. Anne wanted to say something." Diana looked at Anne who gave her a death stare.

"Hey babe" she shouted from the kitchen.

"Heyyy beautiful. What did you wanna tell me?"

"I told you not to do that" she walked over to Diana and spoke into the phone.

"Do what. Show you how much I......" he started but Anne coughed so that he wouldn't finish and that Diana would hear.

"Wait what was that sorry Gilbert Anne coughed." Diana asked being so intregued.

"Do what. Show her how excited I am for her birthday" he lied.

"Sure." Diana said. Anne gave her the pop tart and they sat down and talked to Gilbert. It was 7:45am by the time the girls had finished talking. Diana left Anne and Gilbert to talk over the phone whilst she got ready.

"You are lucky that I coughed." She laughed.

"Well im not gonna stop saying it." He replied. "Have you opened it?"

"No not yet."

"Well open it." He laughed. "One minute let me change it to facetime" He changd it to facetime so he could see her reaction. She grabbed the box, it was quite little, and opened it.

Her eyes widened. She was in awe. "Awww..... its beautiful.. you didn't have to. And seriously stop mentioning my birthday." She smiled and a tear rolled down her face.

"Just wear it. On your ring finger."

She put it on her right hand knowing he would make a comment if she put it on the left. "This ring is beautiful babe" she had little tears building up in her eyes.

"Like you" he smirked and she blushed.

The ring: