Chapter One: A look in the life

Love. It's crazy. It's just a form of pain that hides itself very well. It demands to be felt and demands to be seen. Some people don't even notice love until it's gone.

I'm Skyler Philips, but people normally call me sky. I have long, curly, chestnut hair with highlights of a lighter shade of brown. My eyes are hazel in the center and blue on the outside. I have really weird eyes. I know. Luckily I don't have braces anymore, so my teeth are pretty straight. I used to have braces and glasses so I was pretty much avoided at my old school. Oh yah! I am joining a new school tomorrow for my junior year. Let's just say I'm not ready.

My brother Tyler is a senior. He is on the track and cross country team, so he's popular. He keeps telling me I will be fine and I will fit right in. He's a really good liar.

I might try out for the cheer team for my school though. I was a gymnast for 13 years, so I think it will be pretty easy. I stopped gymnastics just this year though. I had an incident and I haven't gone back. No, I'm not weak for not going back, the incident put me in the hospital. My life's end was so close you could have reached out and shaken hands with death himself.

My parents agreed it would be best for me to get out of town for a while, so my mom picked me up from my gymnastics boarding school. We moved down to Florida to live there for the summer. But now I'm attending school there tomorrow! I think it's safe to say we are staying in Florida forever.

To clear things up a bit, I lived away from home in a gymnastics boarding school. I loved it there. My family was in Florida while I was in Minnesota. It wasn't easy not having any family there with me. And don't get me wrong with not wanting to go back to gymnastics, I love it! When the incident happened my family came to visit me in the hospital. I remember hearing their voices and cries. Mainly my mothers. Everything was so blurred, I could hardly see anything, but I'm pretty sure I even saw my brother crying.

My mother was a hysterical mess, my dad was calming her, and my brother was sitting on the side of my bed silently crying. He reached for my hand and wrapped it in mine.

"Skyler, your going to be ok. Okay?"

I think I nodded because he nodded back at me. Then he kissed the top of my forehead.

"I love you skyler. Infinity."

After that, everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note:
IMPORTANT!!
PLEASE READ!!

Please keep reading this story lovelies! I promise you it gets better, you just have to keep going. Please like/favorite/vote on my story.

If there is a anything wrong with this story, or you have any comments, PLEASE let me know!

-SB