6 - The Beauty

All Nik wanted to do was make Caroline happy but he knew what was going on between his family and Elena and her friends were too complicated to be fixed. He wished he was human again so none of the stuff he's done wrong would've happened and then Caroline would be more happy because that was what he wished for the most as she was willing to give him another chance. He was so afraid he would disappoint her like he had done everyone else in his life.

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of someone knocking at his bedroom door. He sat up in his bed –he didn't even know why he had a bed, he never slept – "Come in." He called giving whoever was on the other side of it permission to enter. "Hello." A sweet voice called. He knew immediately that it was Caroline. "How are you today love?" He asked her softly. Whenever she came into the room he couldn't help but smile. "I'm okay. I just wish Elena and Bonnie would stop being so... difficult." She said with a sigh. "I know, sweetheart." He said standing up out of his bed and walking towards Caroline who was looking at his paintings. "This one's my favourite." She said smiling at a horse painting. "They're loyal." Nik said with sadness as he wrapped his arms around her. "Are you sure you're okay?" Nik asked curiously. "No... I hate this town. There's nothing to do here." She said as she gradually got quieter. "I wish i could just leave." She continued. "Then we will." Nik said agreeing to her idea. Caroline just looked at him with shock. "No Care. I'm serious. We could just get away from everything. It doesn't have to be forever, we can go anywhere you want i don't mind as long as i'm with you." He continued. "You would do that for me? I mean you're life's here, you're family live here i-" Caroline was cut off "I'd do anything for you because I love you. My family will to because they're your family now too Caroline" He was telling her the truth, he would do anything for her.

Nik and his family were willing to do anything for Caroline even if it meant leaving Mystic Falls. Caroline knew it wouldn't be forever but for a long time anyway. She'd dreamed of going to so many different places when she was younger she just never had a chance and now she had one, Nik was willing to make her happy and make all her dreams come true if he could. Although Caroline hated the fact that taking Nik away from Mystic Falls would also take the rest of his family away.

Caroline remained at the top of the stairs while Nik went down to talk to his family she couldn't hear every word they said but could hear Elijah the clearest as he was standing in her sight. "Niklaus, we are a family and families remain together. If you go, we all go." He said "Elijah's right Nik. Caroline's family." Rebekah said. Caroline couldn't hear what Kol was saying but it must've been good as it cause Nik to smile.

Nik walked and stood at the bottom of the stairs giving Caroline a signal to come down. She grew nervous 'just because they said yes to Nik doesn't mean they will to me.' she thought forcing a smile upon her face. As she got to the second last step Nik gave her a hug and spun her around so she was on the floor. When he let her go Rebekah skipped towards her friend. "we're going to have so much fun" she squealed. This was a side to Rebekah that Caroline had never seen before, she could actually have fun and laugh? Caroline began to think what it would be like if Elena and Bonnie would be like if they saw the family the way they're now. "Yeah it will be" caroline laughed back. "So... where is it that you plan to go?" Kol smirked. Caroline didn't know there were so many places she didn't even know how to tell her family and friends! "I know just the place." Nik smiled never taking her eyes off of his girl. "where?" Rebekah and Caroline asked at the exact same time as their faces lit up at the exact same time. "It's a surprise." He said chuckling at the two girls. "You aren't getting to know until we're there." He said.

The one thing the girls had in common was that they both got curious about the slightest things that they weren't given enough information about. The two girls were sitting in the Living room trying to figure out where Nik could be taking his family. "Where's the one place you've always wanted to go." Rebekah asked Caroline. "hm.... there are loads of places I've wanted to go." Caroline replied. 'where was the one place I've always wanted to go?' she thought to herself."Well that narrows it down." Rebekah said sarcastically. "Sorry." Caroline murmured to her friend. Rebekah rolled her eyes and laughed causing Caroline to giggle too.

There was a knock at the door "Who would that be?" Caroline asked her friend. "Let's go see." Rebekah asked her friend. Rebekah answered the door, making Caroline to go away and do something else, standing in the doorway was Elena, Bonnie and the Salvatore's behind them. "Can i help you?" Rebekah asked. "Is caroline here?" Bonnie asked curiously. "Probably but i don't know where..." Rebekah knew where her friend was but she didn't want her seeing them she knew Nik would be mad allowing them into the house but she did anyway. "Please. Common in" She said politely. "What are you doing!" Nik called coming down the stairs. "Well i'm guessing they want to see Caroline so-" Rebekah said "No! If they want to see her then they can arrange to meet up with her. She doesn't feel that well today." Nik cut her off. Elena and Bonnie backed out the door "Well then tell her we stopped by will you?" Elena said. "Of Course!" Nik smiled.

Rebekah shut the door. "Is she okay?" she asked her brother with worry. "Oh she's fine she just didn't want to talk to them." He chuckled once. "Are they gone?" caroline called from upstairs. Nik nodded. "Thank You." She said. "Of course. I won't force you to see them if you don't want to. Remember that" he said sympathetically.

"So are you going to tell me where we're going yet?" Caroline said playing with his hair.

"Nope. And even if you were to guess i wouldn't even tell you if you were right. That's why it's called a surprise." He laughed he knew it was annoying her not knowing where they were going. Caroline huffed. "You know i love you." He smiled with a little laugh. "I know" she smiled up at him.