18 - An Angered Change

'could it really be over just from one mistake?'
Caroline hoped it wasn't the case but he'd slept with someone else and got her pregnant. She didn't know the girl but hated her all the same as the sister she doesn't want to know. Although they weren't together but he didn't tell he, that's what hurt her the most. Klaus kept phoning her yet she didn't answer nor reply, she needed time to think. He lied to her unlike his brother Elijah who told her the truth even though he knew she'd be hurt he thought she deserved to know.

"Caroline? Are you okay?" Elena asked knocking on her bedroom door. Her friend just smiled weakly. She wasn't okay she missed Klaus but she was angry at him at the same time.

"Why didn't he tell me Elena?" she sighed looking out her window.

"I don't know." she sighed back she hated Klaus with a passion already but he'd now hurt one of her best friends and that was not okay with her.There was a knock at the door

"Do you want me to get it?" Elena asked Caroline.

"No it's fine I'll get it but thanks anyway" she smiled walking past her friend. As she walked down the hall she pictured it being Klaus at the door although her guess was close as she opened the door slowly she saw Elijah standing there in a suit with his hands clasped.

"Hello Caroline" he spoke in his lovely accent

"How are you keeping?" Elijah always spoke in a proper and polite manner, he always had manners in which he used even when he got angry.

"I'm fine thank you. How are you?" Caroline always replied politely when she spoke to him.

"May I come in?" he asked not replying.

"Of course" she welcomed moving to the side to let him in.

"What can i do for you?" she asked.

"I'm wondering how you're doing" he spoke looking around the hall.

"I'm okay"He just looked at her knowing she was lying.

"I don't know what to do, Elijah" she sighed feeling her heart ache.

"I'm here to apologize" he said after a minute.

"I knew and I should have told you"

"You have nothing to apologize for. You were looking out for your family. Just like anyone else would have done" she was right. He knew she was but the thing with Elijah was that he always took responsibility for his family's mistakes, his brothers included.

"Perhaps you are right but he's my brother and the thing with family is that we look out for each other whether they want it or not." he stated

"my brother included"

"If he really cared about me he would be here apologizing himself" Caroline said causing Elijah to look at the floor.

"I understand that but you have to know the things he's done are all for you"

"Like driving me to New Orleans for no reason? Or getting some other girl pregnant? Which one actually benefited me out of those two?" she was getting annoyed she knew Elijah was right but at the same time she didn't like it.

"It doesn't seem like it right now but it was all for you. He cares about you and i think you should give him another chance"

"why would i do that?"

"because even though your mad at him you know in your heart that you still love him and he loves you" Caroline just stared at him thinking of a comeback.

"So who is the girl?" she spoke into the silence.

"Her name is Hayley. She's a werewolf." that was all she was getting from him

"If you want more information maybe you should ask Klaus" the thought of being in Klaus' presence cause Caroline to sigh.

"You're going to have to talk to him eventually" Stefan spoke walking into the living room where the other two just sat. Caroline just looked at Stefan with a funny look. They were both right: she did love him, she was mad at him, she was going to have to talk to him eventually. But one thing her friends never knew? She was jealous of a girl she barely knew.

"What are you worried about?" Stefan spoke taking a seat next to her.

"Me? I'm not worried about anything!" she scoffed."Something's bothering you" he just kept looking at her until she eventually stood up and walked out of the room."Caroline!" he called.

"We should give her time" he told Elijah. Elijah headed back to New Orleans yet Stefan stayed waiting for Caroline to come back from wherever she walked off to. He wandered down his friends hall he looked in all the rooms in which the doors were open her room and the bathroom included till he reached the kitchen that was when he saw the back door open.

"Oh Caroline" he sighed knowing she could be anywhere. He knew he should go looking for her but at the same time he knew she could come back whenever she was ready.Stefan sat in the living room and waited for her to return. The front door opened

"Caroline?!" he called walking in the direction of the door.

"Hello Stefan" it was Klaus.

"Have you seen Caroline?" he asked smirking

"She's gone. She ran out the back door when your brother showed up" Stefan explained.

"Elijah was here?" he was shocked.

"Why?""He was here apologizing for your mistakes"

"I don't have any mistakes" he said knowing he did but refusing to admit them.

"So where could Caroline go?" he asked Stefan

"Your guess is as good as mine, she could be anywhere"Klaus looked mad but not at Stefan at himself and he could tell he was going to lose Caroline.

"Please help me find her" he begged.

"And why would i do that?"

"Because she's your friend too. I know you don't owe me anything I understand that but you'll do it for her"Stefan knew he would for that exact reason but he didn't know where she was or where she could either be.

"I'll go looking for her if you stay here and not cause any trouble" Stefan gave in.He wandered the streets and looked at the places where she could have gone but she was nowhere. He caught sight of a curly blonde haired girl

"Caroline!" he called. The girl didn't turn around but instead she ran in the direction she was walking in - the opposite of Stefan.

"Caroline!" He called again it couldn't be her as she wouldn't run away from a friend but he chased after her anyway. He got to a park bench where he lost of the girl, just as he was about to turn around he caught sight of the wet ground in which he saw a left hand peaking out from a bush he saw the hand had a ring in her index finger and it appeared to be the exact same ring in which Caroline wore.

'Please no' he begged inside. He moved a branch to see the face

"Caroline" his heart broke he brought her out of he bush to see a knife in her stomach and she was conscious but only just. It wasn't a dagger so he could pull it out and give her some blood and she'd hopefully be fine. But she was a werewolf so he had no idea if it would work, she was too young to die.

Only three chapters left....