21 - Goodbye My Love

There was nothing but silence as Cami walked along the road, it was a cold and empty night, she kept her eyes on the ground until she was compelled to look up and across the road in which she saw skid marks from tired engraved on the road and opposite pathway. She hated seeing people hurt and everything she saw pointed to the fact that there could at least be one person hurt and had to go and try and help them.
"Hello?" she called out as she saw a ditch at the side of the path looking at the car at the bottom of it. The car was tipped over on its side and seemed quiet. She slid down the ditch carefully trying not to fall she would have to be extremely careful till she got to the bottom.

"Are you okay?" she leaned down to the driver's side of the car and saw a blonde haired girl. The girl groaned as she moved her hands up to rub her face.

"Who are you?" The girl said trying to focus on the girl

"My name's Cami, what's your name?"

"Caroline"

"Okay, Do you remember what happened?"

"I Crashed?" She questioned

"I don't know" she was confused

"You're freezing!" Cami then asked trying not to upset the girl

"I'm always cold"

"Okay, just hold on I'm going to get help, okay?" Cami asked she looked around and saw Klaus walking by up at the top of the road.

"Klaus!" She called out

"You okay?" she asked Caroline just remained still yet she lowered her head down

"You're human?" she asked in a whisper low enough so Cami didn't hear her

"Caroline? You okay?" Cami leaned down to her as Klaus walked down, for a vampire he was walking slow.

"What's happened?" Klaus asked as he recognised the car"Caroline here has crashed her car but she seems okay although she is a bit confused. We need to get her away from the car" Cami explained.Klaus kneeled down so his face was level with Caroline's"Hello Caroline" he said softly

"Klaus?" Caroline looked up when she heard his voice.She pictured wrapping her arms around him and Klaus just holding her in return but he just looked at her"Caroline" there was sadness in his voice

"I'm fine! I know it looks bad but I'm fine really." She said as she touched his face

"Klaus? What's wrong?"

"Caroline, no." he repeated himself in sadness but he showed no emotion.

"Come on! Let's go we can go somewhere and talk" she smiled and stood up she took his hand yet he didn't take hers

"Klaus?" the man hadn't moved his eyes from the car. The young vampire walked back to the driver's side of her car. Then she realised what it was that Klaus was so upset about: it was her. She was still lying in the car with a tree branch that had gone through the front window and her chest.

"NO!" she screamed.

"Klaus... I'm- I'm sorry. I didn't know what to do I-"

"Shut up!" he yelled still with his eyes on Caroline.

"You could've helped her! This is your fault!" he yelled again with tears streaming down his face.

"How's this my fault? I didn't cause this!" Cami was mad yet she tried to stay calm knowing that he obviously cared about her in some way.He looked down, he knew she was right yet it wasn't going to change anything.

"Go away." Klaus whispered loudly He gave Cami time to go back up the hill and pulled the branch out of the window carefully trying not to move Caroline's broken body.He waited to see if that would do anything, but it didn't and so he bit into his wrist and tried to feed her some of his blood, that didn't work either.

"It's too late" he spoke with anger as he sensed his brother's presence beside him.

"I'm sorry brother" Elijah spoke into the cold air

But sorry wasn't going to be enough.

I want to say a huge thank you to you all for reading and to let you know that this is where the story ends. As i said at the beginning I wrote this fanfiction a few years back and as i reread it, i fell in love with the characters all over again along with the story i created and i hate to see it come to an end.

Please let me know if you would like another I have a couple of ideas but I only want to start another if you are interested.

Again Thank you.