Chapter 29

Merida's POV

Our dragons were gone! Where could they be? Oh god... I hope not the same thing back in the cave happened again. But Toothless wasn't affected then, why would he be now? The wind whistled into my ear and Hiccup looked around for some signs of where they are. All of the sudden something growled, a few meters away from us. “Toothless!”, Hiccup exclaimed as we ran to the direction of where we heard him. Toothless sat on the edge of the cliff, looking after Zalavy, who was flying through the air. He wanted to fly too, but he can't. “Zalavy!”, I called and she noticed us. Hiccup rushed over to Toothless and Zalavy's paws touched the ground next to him. “I know you want to have fun. But if you want to have fun with Toothless, you can't fly around.”, Hiccup explained and it seemed that she understood. “You see this?”, he asked and pointed to Toothless prosthesis. Zalavy tilted her head as Hiccup explained. “He can't fly without me. And he really likes to fly, and seeing you flying alone makes him jealous.” Zalavy's head lowered as if she felt guilt. Stop saying as if, Merida. She's a smart dragon, duh. Toothless sneaked under her head and looked at her, smiling is jolly toothless-smile. Zalavy jumped around and played with Toothless. “Looks like they get along pretty well.”, I whispered to Hiccup who smiled and lay an arm around me. “Just like their riders.” He placed a kiss on my nose before whistling Toothless and Zalavy to us. We gave them some fish and Hiccup helped me to get on Zalavy: “OK, she needs to get used to fly under ones command. Not every-” “Hiccup.”, I cut him off, “I don't think she needs this. Ye have seen her before. It's like... it's like she had had a rider before. She's intelligent and ye see what she did. With her wings! And her back-bumps. If think she holds a lot of secrets. Maybe Toothless has some too!” A dull sound escaped his mouth, but he didn't said anything else before he got on Toothless. The sun shone bright and warm and we were ready to fly. I was so excited. The cave was small in comparison to this. Tiny. Nothing to be honest. My eyes where glued on the horizon and the clouds. I felt a sudden gust of wind passing my side and Hiccup and Toothless entered the scene. “Come on Zalavy!”, I exclaimed joyful and we took off to fly. My heart fluttered, my fingertips itched. We followed Hiccup and he told us a few things we needed to pay attention too and then, the dragon training began. We flew past mountains and rocks and so many unbelievable things. It was incredible! He taught me to dodge and some commands but Zalavy knew most of the things she had to do. Suddenly, a massive cliff caught my attention. It felt like everything was moving slow. The breathtaking view made me unobservant as my eyes were stuck on it's position and lost their actual destination in front of us. Nature is beautiful. I wanted to reach out for this place and land there, but my hands stayed at where they were. I wanted to explore it. “Merida!” My eyes widen as Hiccup called my name and I looked to the front again, just too see a big rock pile in front of us and Zalavy took a sharp turn and I felt a sudden pressure drop around my waist. But I didn't bother looking at it. Big mistake. “Are you alright?”, Hiccup yelled a bit shocked from a distance while he and Toothless flew closer to us. I smiled at him and turned around to look at the cliff again but I suddenly felt the wind blowing my hair past my face, into my front. Hiccup yelled my name again. I'm falling. What happened? I wanted to scream but I was shocked. How is this even possible my belt is-- My eyes widen. The pressure drop from before. The belt ripped apart from Zalavy's saddle construction. But as fast as I fell, I was caught again. Hiccup decided to land somewhere so we would be safe for a while. My hands were shaking. My heart was beating so hard, so fast, I could feel it in my entire body. As the dragon put me down on the ground, my body was about to collapse under my knees but Hiccup caught me and hold me tight. “Are you alright? What happened? I was so scared...”, he whispered in my ear and took a while before I fully relaxed. “This... was...”, I began to stammer and Hiccup pulled away a few inches so he could look into my face. “This was... amazing!”, I finished and he had a shocked expression on his face. “What!?”, he exclaimed and I began to explain, running my fingers trough my hair: “The adrenalin, the view, the practice. It was amazing! But... I'm sorry... I didn't paid attention when I should have.” He took my face in his hand and rested his forehead on mine, causing our noses to touch. His thumbs stroked my cheeks and I felt safe in that moment. “I... was so close to loosing you. Please, don't ever do that again.”, he whispered and his voice sounded so charming but broken and it was like a switch in my head was operated that made me feel so guilty and forced me to cry. But I took several breaths to control the urge and relax. His head lifted and looked at something. I turned around and saw Zalavy's worried eyes looking at me. Is she thinking it was her fault? I petted her head to show her everything is fine. After we took a rest and explored the place, he flew home. We were all exhausted after this but I couldn't forget about this day.

(A/N: Wow, I never thought the sequel would be this long! Thanks for everyone who's reading and voting and commenting! You make my days, really. I update late, go to sleep and wake up to votes and comments and it just makes me happy to see people enjoying my stories QuQ But I guess the story won't be that long, but I could totally miscalculate and you will read like... 10 more chaps and I'm just like the same again :D … Anyways... I'm planning a Jelsa and a Jackunzel story and if any of you have, something like, request for stories (like the Jackunzel one) you would like me to write, you can ask me to write one :) Same thing with book covers. If you like my covers (yes I made all of mine :D) and you don't know what to do, you can ask me ^^ … Oh god I sound like some desperate salesperson who tried to bring her stuff to the people... urgs... well.. I think let's just ignore it :D Anyways [<-- one of my most used words] I hope you liked the chapter! This Authors Note is WAY TOO LONG! <3)