Chapter 35

3rd Person POV

“Hiccup...”, Merida said deary. Her voice echoed through the cave, chanting his name by bouncing from the cave walls, over and over again. The darkness of the cave extended until it reached even the very last corner. The shadows stretched far against the cave walls under the flames of Zalavy. The dragons, once belong to people at Berk, watched everything closely. Could they trust him? By now, they knew it was him. But is he telling the truth? Hiccup sighed and let go of Merida's wrist. He couldn't understand. He still did not realize what he did to the people of Berk a few moments ago. He wanted the dragons to come back. “They can't hate the dragons... I know it.”, he uttered and Merida frowned. “Why?”, she asked and his face showed how determined he was to bring the dragons and people together again. “If they would really hate them, they would have removed everything for their care. I mean... isn't it suspicious, that the stables, the feeding station and the other stuff, is still there? After five years? Why didn't they just... demolish them?”, he pointed out and a few more dragons tiled their heads, while others began to become uneasy and started to fidget. Neither Merida nor Hiccup payed attention to this. Suddenly, they remembered Snotlout's words: “You are asking if you could do something, 'maybe'? You are the only one who could do this!” He was right. Hiccup is the only one who could do this. They want him to do this. They want the dragons back. But the dragons changed. The people changed. Everyone changed, except Hiccup. He started to think, while moving towards Toothless. “C'mon bud... I guess getting the dragons to Berk isn't that easy this time.”, he said, petting Toothless, who gave him a gloomy look. Some of the dragons behind him tilted their heads. “So I guess, we're going back?”, Merida asked, nervously rubbing her hands together. She was afraid how the people of Berk would treat him now. Zalavy moved closer to Toothless, giving him a confused look and shutting her moth, causing the lights to go out, leaving them in complete darkness. “Zalavy...”, Merida uttered and stretched her name really long, giving her the feeling, that this id not the right time to leave them into the dark. As if on cue, the cave got brighter. But not by Zalavy. Behind Hiccup, a wall of fire 'breathing' dragons lightened the cave. This didn't only lightened up the cave, but it lit Hiccup's ember of hope into a fire again. His sad and deary face, turned into a big, hope filled smile. Merida was still confused but happy to see him smiling. The fact, that they are here, instead of celebrating with the others, was gone and forgotten in that moment. 'How could this mean so much to him?', she asked herself quite enough for no one to hear. Hiccup walked backwards, keeping his eyes on the dragons, groping for Toothless and getting ready to guide the other dragons outside. Merida went over to Zalavy, climbed on her back and just waited for Hiccup to give her a sign. “So... are you ready to go back home?”, Hiccup asked and most of the dragons spread their wings. His heart jumped, seeing all those dragons, excited about leaving the cave. Toothless was excited too. His front paws nervously hit the ground, as if he was about to jump any second. His wings spread as Hiccup yelled his command: “Here we go!” They lift from the ground flew through the cave, followed by the dragons. Merida and Zalavy watched this unbelievable spectacle from within the cold cave and waited for all dragons to follow, before they rose from the hard ground to make their way out of the cave. Hiccup led the dragons to Berk, but he flew over it until he reached the stables to bring the dragons inside. Even though the stabled were really sordid, the dragons felt home and tried to feel as cozy as possible. Zalavy landed next to Toothless, looking impressed about the stable. She never knew it could be this tatty and broken. “Hiccup!”, someone yelled, from the gate that leads from the stables into the town. “Father... I... I can explain! You see? They are not dangerous! They've never been!”, Hiccup yelled, but he didn't knew that his father wasn't there to lecture him. “I know... I'm sorry.” He walked down to them, followed by Gobber and a few other people. They looked around, watching the dragons, and they were scared of the dragons, as much as the dragons were scared themselves. Hiccup jumped off of Toothless and ran towards him. “Please don't send them back again... and don't hurt them. They just want to feel home.”, he said, before Stoick could even say something, “We'll stay a bit longer, build up the stables again and make everything alright, yes?” Stoick nodded, tears started to form in his face. “If this really works...”, he started, but didn't know how to finish the sentence. Merida got of Zalavy and rushed over to them. “It will. We just need to work together.”, Hiccup said positive and Merida touched his shoulder. Mend the bond, torn by pride. He turned around to her, with a questioning look on his face. “Did you... did you said something?”, he asked and Merida frowned at him. “No...”, she uttered hesitating and Gobber cleared his throat. “Well... I guess the party is officially over.”

(A/N: Forget everything I said about “Ending Soon”... I'm talking nonsense. Because, Hey, they have to go back to Scotland, don't they :P ? And how could I forget about writing the most important part? And maybe, just maybe, there will be a sequel to this story too~ *whispers* you heard nothing, ok? School is starting soon and I guess I'll get problems, keeping my everyday upload schedule, but I'll try. And I'd probably need new covers (for the first book and the sequel). And sorry for not updating yesterday, I wasn't home agian @_@ played the last chapter of Corpse Party and I had some kind of a writers block, and I'm not really proud of this ending, because of my writers block, but I hope you still enjoyed reading ^^ I promise I will work harder on the upcoming chapters, maybe some more feels, a lot of feels, and fun ^^)