19: Patton

Credit of the art goes to Logically_asexual on Instagram or their tumblr which is located on the right side of the art.

Patton had to do a double take, make sure what he was seeing was real. How could this be? Virgil's mother, the one who had look at teapots differently, had the matching half to his necklace. They couldn't be soulmates, the simply couldn't. Patton refused to believe it.

Patton couldn't help it as he internally panicked. For the first time when it came to this type of thing, he was worried. Having the necklace cold had never meant anything to Patton, he always assumed that maybe his soulmate was on the other side of the world, too far away to cause the temperature change. But as he stared at the necklace around the woman's neck, Patton's necklace seemed to burn his skin, painfully aware of it for the first time in his life. Maybe his necklace had reflected the woman's icy heart.

"Where did you get that?" Virgil asked from beside Patton. "I've never seen you with that before." Despite the fact that Virgil was right beside Patton, the words sounded distant and far away.

"Oh what this?" She raised the necklace up, letting it dangle in front of her face.

Patton tried his best, but he couldn't help it as a tear slid down his face. He was trying so hard to bottle up all the emotions he was feeling but the bottle got too full. He was physically shaking as he stood there. For the first time in Patton's life, he knew what Virgil went through when he had a panic attack. It was a terrible feeling really.

"It matches yours, doesn't it?" The mother smirked upon noticing the way Patton was reacting to the whole situation. All Patton could do was stare, trying his best to calm himself down. He knew how to calm down others, but now all of those methods left his head. He couldn't seem to breathe and he just couldn't stop shaking.

"Patton?" Patton couldn't tell who said his name. He could feel someone's hand on his shoulder but didn't know who's it was. All he was able to see was the look on Virgil's mother's face as she smirked wickedly.

"Patton, I need you to calm down. Just breathe, remember? Just like you did with Virgil." Roman was suddenly there in front of Patton, blocking the view of the woman. "Breathe with me, in, out. In and out."

"If I might suggest taking him outside." Logan said quietly to Roman, doing his best to help out. And that's what Roman did, take Patton outside.

👓👑👔🌩

  Once Patton calmed down, everything that had just happened started to process in his mind. The necklace, seeing it on Virgil's mother. The way Virgil had actually started to defend him. Then the other four caring for him once they noticed the he was actually having a panic attack.

  "Hey, you alright, Pouty McSpecs?" Roman asked, using the nickname in an attempt to lighten the atmosphere a little bit. He sat on the pouch steps with Patton, an arm around the dad like friend.

  "She left. When you guys were worried about me, she left. She was our only chance of finding Virgil's necklace..." Patton stared at the ground, feeling a guilty about that fact. That's one of the things that had also processed in his mind, the car pulling away as quickly as possible. The sound of the gravel being turned up was now obvious in his mind.

  "Oh, Sweety, don't worry about that." Patton's mom ran a hand through his sons hair, trying her best to comfort her son. She hated seeing the sweet boy so upset. He didn't deserve this heartache.

  "Yeah, seriously Patton, don't worry about it. I don't need it anyway." Virgil said, he was standing before Patton along with Logan and Thomas. Upon hearing that, Patton glanced up at Virgil. He was uncertain about Virgil's words, the necklace scandal clearly affected him. It was one of the roots of his problems, that along with his mother.