Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven
A Favor To Ask

~ Shido P.O.V ~

-----------------------------------------

I sprinted to the cafe, only to see Mana and a dead body.

I widened my eyes and shrieked. "Mana?!"

Mana didn't say a word. All she did was slowly turn, only to see me. "Brother?" She spoke.

My eyes darted around the room, I avoided my gaze at Kurumi before spotting Y/N. I gritted my teeth as I pushed Mana away, grabbed Y/N and ran for it.

"Brother!" She screamed.

I didn't wanna hear her. Vomit was killing my taste buds and all I did was run.

Soon enough, I was able to escape from the cafe and into a secluded area.

"Kotori!" I almost screamed.

"Yep, I gotcha," said Kotori calmly.

I was teleporting back onto Fraxinus.

We recovered Y/N and now we don't know the location of Kurumi.

"Are you okay Shido?" Kotori asked me, inspecting me.

"I'm fine," I told her.

"Did Kurumi resist?" she asked.

I shook my head as a response. Visions of the sight burned into my mind, appearing as I held my head and felt like screaming.

Kotori sighed, placing a lollipop in her mouth. "She died, right?"

I looked at Kotori. I couldn't get myself to say anything.

I nodded my head slowly.

"This is the second time Shido," Kotori's voice lowered. "You can't get distracted with a dead body. You know she is still alive."

"I know that!" I shouted, slamming my hands on her table. "But all the more reason I can't keep myself from being calm."

I took a deep breath as I looked at Kotori seriously. "She could be causing havoc right at this moment."

***
~ DEM Hospital ~

Dana quickly turned around as she grabbed a small gun from her pants and held it up at the shadow.

"Who's there?!" she shouted.

The guy next to her also grabbed his weapon, pointing it towards Kurumi.

"Who do you think I am?" The person within the shadows responded.

Dana hesitated as she looked to the other guy.

The guy had his hand to his ear as he mumbled to himself. That was until his eyes jolted up, widening in fear.

"N-Nightmare!" he screamed. He didn't say anything more. He simply sprinted off.

"H-hey!" Dana yelled after him. She dropped her gun as Kurumi sighed, chuckling.