Chapter Thirteen (1/2)

The Tanabata Festival

~ Y/N P.O.V ~

Due to how long this date will be, I have split the chapter into two chapters! I have already written the other half of the chapter so it will be out in a few days!
Its the weekend for me but I have a lot of stuff going on so I'll be working on revision for the next half of the chapter. Thanks for your patience!

-----------------------------------------

I wasn't quite sure on what Kurumi was thinking. She seemed a little distant lately. It was almost as if she was hiding something from me.

Her eyes looked sad but I decided to not dwell on the little details. I wanted to enjoy this time.

It felt like this might be the last time I could have this moment with her.

"Today's the day of the Tanabata!" She beamed. "How about going to the festival after the aquarium?"

I looked at the fish tank full of many different colored fish before turning my attention back to Kurumi. I smiled, nodding my head.

"That sounds like it would be fun!" I grinned, anything to make her happy. For some reason, I just felt like patting her head.

I couldn't help myself, my hand slipping as I patted her on the head softly.

"Aren't you the charmer?" she giggled, flustered.

"Ah!" I squeaked, covering my face up with my hands in embarrassment.

"I--uhh..." I panicked, unsure of what to say anymore.

Kurumi put her hand on mine. Her face was turning red too. "Don't worry Y/N, let's continue shall we?"

I didn't say anything but I guess she took my silence as a yes, taking me to another section of the aquarium.

She pointed at the sea creatures. Some beautiful, some not so beautiful. It reminded me of today's everyday society. I looked to Kurumi, seeing her gaze into the wall. She definitely had something on her mind.