5- Unexpected Visitors

Dipper's POV

Me and Mabel are out for a walk. Wandering in the forest, searching for something unbelievable like those gnomes that we encountered in our first week here in Gravity Falls. We've been here for like an hour, but it seems that nothing is going to pop out.

"Hey, Mabel. Why don't we go back now? It's already late and it seems nothing is going to go out." I offer. She turns her heel at me and nod in agreement.

While heading back home, we see a large hole with only darkness inside. A sign is planted beside it that says: "BOTTOMLESS PIT". I walk near it because of curiosity that came over me. Mabel follows me and is amazed by the look of it. She opens her bag and take something in it which appears to be Gideon's letters that he gave her.

"Uhmm, what are you doing?" I ask, confused.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm going to throw all these junks away and see what happens next." Mabel answers. She really hates Gideon, huh? Speaking of which, I didn't see him these past few days. What could be the reason? Meh, I don't care.

Mabel throws the letters in the pit. We watch them as they fall every millisecond that passes. After a minute of watching, the sky above us darkens. The wind is slowly getting strong. I call out for Mabel, but as I look at my back, I can see her tripping into a rock and ready to fall. I hurry at her place. But as I got near her, she loses her balance. Luckily, I managed to grasp her hand before actually falling. The wind is so strong and Mabel is heavy. I can't do this alone.

"Mabel, can you lighten your weight a little?" I shout.

Before she can say a word, I already fell and is with my sister. We shout for help. About less than 10 seconds have passed, we decided to shut our mouth.

"So what are we going to do now that we're stuck in this stupid pit?" Mabel asks irritatingly. Wow, it's been so long since I heard those words from her. I'm not used to this kind of attitude of hers.

" I guess.. we'll be stuck here forever." I answer, somehow relaxed after what had happened.

"Wanna talk about something?"

"..."

"Okay. I guess that's a no." I said to myself.

*sigh* What are we going to do now?

After some time with only silence, I spot a light beneath us.

"Hey Mabel, maybe that's the way out." I call to her but didn't get any answer.
"Mabel." I call again. The same thing happen. I look up at her and poke her left arm. She jolts at her place.

"Why did you do that?" She asks me. Instead of replying , I point the light beneath us. She follows it and her eyes lit up.

"Dipper! There's a glowing light. That must be the exit!" She beams.
"I know." I cheer.

Minutes have passed and the light is growing bigger. It makes my eyes squint because of the brightness it makes. It doesn't affect Mabel though. At least she's happy. The light gets brighter and brighter as we fall faster. Mabel is already closing her eyes. We waited for the impact beneath us and it happened, but not as hard as I thought it would be. I open my eyes. As I do so, all I can see is white. Literal white. And the hole that we spent minutes of falling happened to disappear without our notice. I'm confuse right now. First of all, what is this place? Secondly, who brought us here? Why are we here?

Someone nudged me from the right side. I quickly turn to look who it is. To my relief it was just Mabel.

"Where are we? I thought we were at the Mystery Shack." Mabel asks in disappointment.