Chapter 12

Alyssa Valdez

Its not the first time her friends called me to check on her but this one is my first and finally reaching out to her in person after everything that happened. I know where I could find her because whenever she feels like she needs a breather she would definitely go here and when I opened the door, I saw her crying at the top floor. The world is within her sight but her tears blurs everything she could see.

I took a step. A step closer to her and I uttered her name to get her attention. She looked at me. Athough I was never clear but she trusted that it was me. She stood up and rushed to hug me.

That moment. That moment it felt like I was whole again. Like we were whole again.

"Dennise"

She didnt responded but instead she hugged me even tighter. I felt that she missed me but the overflowing pain is much stronger than that. I wonder why? Who made her cry?

"Whats wrong?"

I tried pushing her to see her face but she didnt want to.

"I am broken. I dont want you to see me this way."

Why is she broken?
Who broke her?
Who caused this pain to make her cry?

Questions I wanted to ask but I know she is not ready yet. All she needed is someone to comfort her and Im trying my best here to give her that.

"I want you to feel that its okay to get wrong infront of me. Thats its okay to show your flaws without hesitations. That its okay to be you. You without walls. You without barriers. Just you being you. I wanted us to be that way. "

I wanted to be the person you run into when everything hurts.

"L. A."

"Did you guys got into a fight again?"

"H--he w-w-wanted us to be back. He kept on pushing himself. He hurted me. He got so mad asking why I cant give him a chance. He yelled. I couldnt control myself anymore so I slapped him really hard and kicked him out of my unit."

I wanted to ask, werent they together back when we were in Legazpi? After everything I saw but for now, Dennise is important. Not my queries or anything that clouds my mind. She needs me. Yeah, I should attend on her first.

"Maybe he was just carried away with his emotions. You know, some men, when full, releases everything through anger. Hush now, Dennise. I wont allow him to go near you again"

With that she pushed me away and I was shocked why she did it.

"Why? Did I said something wrong?" Confusion was more all over my face. Who wouldnt?

"You cant keep away from me when you, yourself cant even stay."

She started crying. I moved closer o her but she stopped me with her hands.

"No. Unless you will stop ghosting up on me for whatever reason you have. Not unless you'll just appear when you wanted it and leave whenever you wanted too"

I felt I was important to her but I never calmed the storm in my heart until I reached for her again, for a hug.

"I wont, Dennise. I'm staying this time"

She slapped my arms and slight laughed behind her sobs.

"You better be idiot! I miss you so much"

I knew it wasn't just because of Revilla. It was us and that continues everything I have been praying for.

"Lets go, Dennise. You have to take some rest"