𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

Rose opened her eyes slowly, staring up at a star filled sky, feeling the roughness of the stone-ridden sand underneath her

She lay still for a moment, blinking profusely as she tried to remember how she'd gotten there. She tried her hardest to try and remember something but her memories failed her.

Rose sat up slowly, looking around at the expanse of never-ending sand dunes. She looked down at the clothes she was wearing, a short white dress and white ballet shoes.

She knew she couldn't stay out in the desert for long, especially if the sun began to rise and it got hotter — she was already small and frail, she didn't know if she could survive without food or water for long in the heat.

With no idea which direction to walk in, she looked up at the stars and chose the brightest one to follow. She trudged through the sand, hiking up the sand dunes and following the star hoping it would lead her to where she needed to be.

It felt like hours walking through a never-ending desert until Rose finally spotted a light up ahead seemingly coming from a small building. She picked up her pace and her heart sped slightly as she saw another human inside the building that had large, glass windows surrounding the exterior.

The petrol station was situated opposite a long stretch of road, only one person seemed to be inside manning the check-out services, but Rose headed inside anyway, hoping to find answers.

The boy behind the counter looked up when she walked in, he seemed young, too young to be working on his own in the middle of no-where, but Rose didn't seem phased by that fact.

"Hi, how may I help you?" The guy asked, he looked around Rose's age with short, ashy, blonde hair and a genuine smile, he probably didn't get many customers.

"I was wondering if you could help me, actually. I'm lost and have no idea where I am... the only thing I know is my name." Rose said, looking at the boy who suddenly looked as if he had no idea how to handle this situation.

The boy recovered quickly, "what's your name, miss?"

"Rose." She replied.

"Okay, Rose, please... um, take a seat-" he grabbed his chair from behind the counter and brought it around to her, "and I'll call someone for help, sound good?"

Rose nodded as she watched the boy pull out his phone from his pocket and dial a number before holding the phone up against his ear.

"Um, hi... so I kind of have a girl here who doesn't seem to know who she is or where she is... she claims her name is Rose." The boy said as he glanced over at her, she was staring out of the window as if she were waiting for someone- yet neither of them knew who she was waiting for.

"I'll be right there, I just need your location." The voice on the other end of the call said.

"We're 40 miles outside of Beacon Hills..." the boy continued to give details of where the station was located but Rose couldn't focus on what he was saying, the name Beacon Hills sounded familiar yet she couldn't place why she knew it.