Chapter 12 Ran Off In The Night

::Max's POV::

As Stiles and I were driving, he kept telling me not to crash the car. I admit, I was going over the speed limit and driving in the middle of nowhere, but I wouldn't crash his precious jeep. We were going down back roads so We wouldn't crash into other cars or get caught by cops easily. He kept telling me to slow down so I finally did. I pulled over into the grass and parked the car. Stiles was breathing hard and quick breaths. I just laughed.

"You're crazy!", he yelled.

"Sorry!", I laughed.

"I thought I was going to die!", he mumbled.

After a while, Stiles calmed down and we just sat and talked about things. He told me about how he's liked Lydia since 3rd grade, how Scott became a werewolf, and how close he used to be with his mom. I don't know how it got brought up, but it did. We both talked about our moms. We didn't cry about it or anything. We even told funny stories about when we were little.

"I remember one time, when I was like 5, I told my mom I hated her for not letting me do something and she looked me dead in the eyes and said that everyone did.", I told him, looking down at my hands," I never understood what she meant until her funeral.".

"What do you mean?", Stiles asked.

"Nobody came to her funeral except me and my dad.", I sighed.

"What?", he mumbled.

"I don't know why. I just always thought it was something she had done to make them hate her. I don't know.", I whispered, playing with Stiles' keys.

I could feel his sympathetic stare but refused to look at him.

"Anyways! We should probably get back home.", I smiled weakly, starting the Jeep.

"Do we have to?", Stiles asked, "I mean, we can just skip tomorrow.".

"Fine. What do you want to do?", I asked, taking the keys out of the ignition.

Stiles looked at me for a second and smiled a goofy smile.

"Food.", he said simply.

We drove to this place called Curlies and just got a couple of small curly fries. Then, Stiles told me how to get to the highest point in Beacon Hills. We sat there eating our curly fries on the hood of Stiles' Jeep. I was in awe staring at the beautiful city in front of us. This view was absolutely gorgeous. After we ate our fries, we lied on his Jeep, staring at the twinkling lights in the sky. I reached for his hand and intertwined our fingers. We looked at each other and smiled. Tonight was amazing. We bonded over things, over death. That's weird. I like weird.

"Stiles?", I whisper, still looking at him.

"Yeah?", he whispered, looking at the stars.

"Can we start over?", I ask quietly.

"What do you mean?", he asked, looking at me.

"Can we start over?", I repeated.

"Sure.", he smirked.

I sat up and outstretched my hand.

"The name's Max.", I smiled.

"Stiles.", he says, shaking my hand.

"Nice to meet you.", I chuckle.

"Okay, this is weird.", he says, pulling me into him and pushing his lips onto mine.

It was beautiful. It was like something out of a movie. I kissed back with just as much force. I think we've both been waiting for this since we got here. We pulled away from the kiss, our foreheads against each others.

"Max, will you be my girlfriend?", he asked, wincing as if he hurt himself while asking the question.

"Yes.", I whispered before kissing him once again.

///--////-//---///-/

A/N

Most of you have probably stopped reading by now because of how long my updates take so I'm probably going to end this story and delete it.